The 2009 Golf Thread

7thsinger

VIP Member
Hey all! Thought i'd go ahead and put a golf thread together so we can talk about how good/bad we're hitting the ball this year!

I have yet to hit the links this year, but am going today after work! :woot:

I've been to the driving range several times, and feel i'm hitting the ball pretty well despite missing most of last year due to a broken hand.

Hey all! Thought i'd go ahead and put a golf thread together so we can talk about how good/bad we're hitting the ball this year!

I have yet to hit the links this year, but am going today after work! :woot:

I've been to the driving range several times, and feel i'm hitting the ball pretty well despite missing most of last year due to a broken hand.

hey m8 ,made up you done this ,i play 2wice a week right through from march to october then once a week through the winter.
i am currently the secretary of our golf society which has 45 members ,my playing handicap is 12 and our society plays every thursday all over the north west ,including wales ,shropshire ,manchester ,lancashire.we have been running since 1986 and are officially registered with congu and handicapmaster.

GOLF IS EASY IF YOU DO THE SIMPLE THINGS ,ITS DOING THE SIMPLE THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT

Wow. I wish i had the chance to golf that much. Unfortunately, my hours get in the way of being able to golf often. Last year i only hit the links 3 times before breaking my hand and removing myself from the rest of the season.

We have a driving range that's heated that i can go to in the winter though. That helps but it's still mighty cold. This last winter was brutal on us.

Looking forward to playing more this year.

Wow. I wish i had the chance to golf that much. Unfortunately, my hours get in the way of being able to golf often. Last year i only hit the links 3 times before breaking my hand and removing myself from the rest of the season.

We have a driving range that's heated that i can go to in the winter though. That helps but it's still mighty cold. This last winter was brutal on us.

Looking forward to playing more this year.

are you near any locations which we visit,because you would always be welcome to tag along as my guest m8.
you will have a really good laugh with us.

I'm in the USA Cam. So, unless i hop a plane, i don't think i can tag along. Although the invite is much appreciated. (y)

I like playing rounds with peope who are better than me. I always pick something up, and i'm not real good. But i enjoy it.

I'm in the USA Cam. So, unless i hop a plane, i don't think i can tag along. Although the invite is much appreciated. (y)

I like playing rounds with peope who are better than me. I always pick something up, and i'm not real good. But i enjoy it.

golfing heaven ,you lucky sod.

Yeah, i can't complain as there are fantastice places to play. We've got a five star course just 5 miles from where i work.

Not rubbing it in. :grin:

Played 9 holes today, my first of the season. Didn't do too bad...at least for my game. I was six over. (i'm still not real good at golf)

I was hitting about like i expected to after missing so much of last year. Had some surprisingly good shots in today. The only thing is most of those good ones were either followed of preceded by poor ones. Hehe. :grin:

Played 9 holes today, my first of the season. Didn't do too bad...at least for my game. I was six over. (i'm still not real good at golf)

I was hitting about like i expected to after missing so much of last year. Had some surprisingly good shots in today. The only thing is most of those good ones were either followed of preceded by poor ones. Hehe. :grin:

stick at it m8 it will come back.

Yeah, i can't complain as there are fantastice places to play. We've got a five star course just 5 miles from where i work.

Not rubbing it in. :grin:

For my bro 7th

A married man was having an affair with his secretary. One day, their
passions overcame them and they took off for her house, where they made
passionate love all afternoon. Exhausted from the wild sex, they fell
asleep, awakening around 8:00 pm. As the man threw on his clothes, he told
the woman to take his shoes outside and rub them through the grass and
dirt. Mystified, she nonetheless complied. He slipped into his shoes and
drove home. "Where have you been?" demanded his wife when he entered the
house. "Darling, I can't lie to you. I've been having an affair with my
secretary and we've been having sex all afternoon. I fell asleep and didn't
wake up Until eight o'clock." The wife glanced down at his shoes and said,
"You lying *******! You've been playing golf!".

Well I was directed here by another insane individual that considers golf fun!! That's the insane part... GOLF is a 4 letter word and if you USE it backwards it fully describes your intentions on the course itself. ROFL.

FLOGGING is the better term and this crap about Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden... didn't last to DANG long did it??

I played 9 holes yesterday... first time in 6 months and shot 42... took NO mulligans as they are NOT part of golf and didn't break anything.. I should have... :p. Only one birdie. :( I did hit me driver well tho... First hole is a par 5 (my only birdie btw) and I hit driver 8 iron into about 18 feet or so. It was a good 2 putt. ;) I drove 2 par 4's as well but failed to get up and down on either one and even made a Bloody bogey one of them.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! lol.

I had fun and need to play more but time has been short lately. To much to do and trying to get things done around the house... well enough of that...

Hope all hit it long and strait... NOT like me ... short and crooked... hehehee. :p

...the GM

why is this thread in the sports section ROFL :its friday:

That's just wrong... :moon:

so where would you want to "locate" the thread?

One question: Do you play golf?

....the GM

edit... I guess that was 2 questions... :grin:

My magazine covered a New Tour that started here in Scottsdale,Arizona couple of weeks ago. It's called the iTPC Tour Of Champions. It's like a alternative to the PGA. Arizona has alot of golf courses! And you can play all year around here in the desert :grin: Well here is my favorite shot I got while covering the event.

3533925444_83626194f3.jpg

Back