The Box Super USB Update Guide

dooby2oon

VIP Member
This box is easy to update all you need is a usb stick and firmware file and logo file.

Firmware latest with autoroll TheboxSuperUSB v1.12 download Here
Logo file download Here
Copy the above files to usb stick.

Lets get started switch box on.
79.jpg

Plug in usb stick, then press menu and select USB.
80.jpg

Now select Firmware file.
81.jpg

Choose yes to data restore.
82.jpg

Data transfer is quick the box will reboot itself when complete.
83.jpg

Do the same with logo file.
84.jpg

When updates are complete go into menu then installation select auto scan.
85.jpg

Select provider.
86.jpg

When complete press menu 1570 turn key code on. (This was EMU on older boxes)
87.jpg

In nagravision is where keys can be entered manually,
88.jpg

Press OK whilst watching to bring up catogarised menu Movies, Sport, News Etc.
89.jpg

This should help anyone who might be stuck updating
Dooby2oon :)

Last edited:
hi just wondering how to update if your box has no usb slot.....tks new at all this stuff

we need a bit more info m8 .what does it say on the front of your box so we can distingquish which firmware you need ,then we can take it from there ,ask as many questions as you want, there is loads of help here.
also what is your location,ie.uk or ireland.

you may also want to tell us a bit about yourself and say hello on the introduce yourself forum

check this out m8 http://www.techkings.org/showthread.php?t=51

Last edited:
Hello All. Many thanks to the members who post and impart knowledge and guideance to us all. Thanks to dooby for the amazing guide.............G

as you all know from my introductory post, i had ordered new gear. The Box Super USB (STAR VIEW 4). after reading many many posts and some careful consideration i downloaded frimware ...TheBoxSuperUSB_V1.07 and the logo file TheboxSuperUSB_BETA. I then copied the files onto a 1Gb USB stick drive, put into the usb port on STB and turned power from back of box and followed dooby2's guide (The Box Super USB Update Guide).....all up and running. had a bit of a panic when after turning on emu but not to much of a worry as it was my fault for not setting the default key.....after i had done that all stored and working great.....(fingers crossed it stays like that)......thankyou to all you folks out there for your input in the posts.

i know there is more recent firmware out there but i am confused about the boxes being killed off in ireland with the 8222 messages and by reading many posts IMO the files i used seemed to be the best to try and avoid the bad luck in ireland. i'm in the uk X c w

if anyone has any suggestions or advice please feel free to air your views.

once again, i thank the guys on these forums for their help......THANK YOU ALL......excuse caps but i'm happy and shouting...lol......kindest regards to you all.
CuriousG

as you all know from my introductory post, i had ordered new gear. The Box Super USB (STAR VIEW 4). after reading many many posts and some careful consideration i downloaded frimware ...TheBoxSuperUSB_V1.07 and the logo file TheboxSuperUSB_BETA. I then copied the files onto a 1Gb USB stick drive, put into the usb port on STB and turned power from back of box and followed dooby2's guide (The Box Super USB Update Guide).....all up and running. had a bit of a panic when after turning on emu but not to much of a worry as it was my fault for not setting the default key.....after i had done that all stored and working great.....(fingers crossed it stays like that)......thankyou to all you folks out there for your input in the posts.

i know there is more recent firmware out there but i am confused about the boxes being killed off in ireland with the 8222 messages and by reading many posts IMO the files i used seemed to be the best to try and avoid the bad luck in ireland. i'm in the uk X c w

if anyone has any suggestions or advice please feel free to air your views.

once again, i thank the guys on these forums for their help......THANK YOU ALL......excuse caps but i'm happy and shouting...lol......kindest regards to you all.
CuriousG

As your in UK then stick to the v1.07 f/w, any version f/w above this has killed clones and some early generation SV4's, if this happens then at this moment there is no means of repairing this fault.

The f/w has not killed the boxes in Ireland, thats due to new N3 encryption being used over there.

The 8882 error on LCD is not a f/w fault as such it may be just a bad flash or the USB device being unplugged while flashing the SV4, if you do get this error then this can be fixed by using a max232 interface.

Now that you have your box up and running from the guides and info on this site, then IMO if its not broke, dont fix it. (y)

JoK

As your in UK then stick to the v1.07 f/w, any version f/w above this has killed clones and some early generation SV4's, if this happens then at this moment there is no means of repairing this fault.

The f/w has not killed the boxes in Ireland, thats due to new N3 encryption being used over there.

The 8882 error on LCD is not a f/w fault as such it may be just a bad flash or the USB device being unplugged while flashing the SV4, if you do get this error then this can be fixed by using a max232 interface.

Now that you have your box up and running from the guides and info on this site, then IMO if its not broke, dont fix it. (y)

JoK
Thankyou for the info you posted. i had read your post about v1_07 and your quote about if it aint broke then dont fix. i read loads and loads of posts your's included. i took your advice and it paid off.
just out of curiousity (hence the Nick)....HD?....boxes....do they work?.....wouldnt be thinking of buying one as i took in the info about the encryption change there....many thanks again people.
CuriousG

Found this from a google link and very impressed:) i am now officialy a happy bunny again as a result and have decided to stay for a mooch around. kudos to the guide author, give yourself a shiny from me. excellent and well thought out. cheers:cheesy grin:

Starview 4 super USB

Hi all,
1st post here hope im in the right place! Is it possible to identify a genuine Starview 4 the box super USB from a clone without taking it to pieces?
I would be very grateful for any help Thanks:)

First off I would like to thank everyone for their imput here, as I have merely piggy backed the info offered i have to say it's great to be online with genuine people, who are willing to put themselves out to help technonuggets like myself, I just updated my Super usb, and all my channels are back in full swing now, does anyone know roughly how often it needs to be done? or does it depend on the whims of the tv providers?

Starview 4 super USB

Hi lastknight
I have just put V1.12 firmware on my Starview 4, All the channels are back now! I know nag 3 is on its way but until then i think we need to do factory reset etc etc if we lose channels from this point on. by the way my box had V1.07 till the upgrade.
A big thanks again to all who contribute here (y)

Hi Toffot,
nagravision 3, yes heard of that, do you think we will be able to hack that, i have been told it's a bit of a swine by all accounts.

Thanks again

Geoff

Back