all VM channels gone off?

Maybe @benijofar or @wheelo should close the cable request thread so people aren't getting lines that may last less than a month?

We don't know what is going to happen, it is every man for himself when buying lines, they could still last a couple of years, we will, as always keep an eye on the situation.
It might be no harm to mention in the original post that there are rumours, but for now, pending a mod discussion, I think that is all we can do.
It must be remembered that TK gains nothing from lines, none of the team sell anything.

The V6 box is half the size of the previous TiVo box with 10 times the power and allows people to record six programmes while watching a seventh recording or stream. Virgin TV V6 boxes support 4K Ultra-High Definition (UHD) TV with Netflix and YouTube already available in 4K.

These new features, alongside a slick and smooth interface, allow Virgin TV customers to do more. V6 box customers spend, on average, 2 hours longer watching TV each week and are more than twice as likely to watch a Box Set and record twice as many programmes as customers using a TiVo box. V6 customers are also three times as likely to launch Netflix and twice as likely to launch iPlayer.

David Bouchier, Chief Digital Entertainment Officer at Virgin Media said:

We believe that our finest kit shouldn’t just be for new customers. So today we’re kicking off one of the largest existing customer upgrade programmes ever seen in the UK, accelerating the rollout of our best ever set-top box.
Our customers tell us how much they love using the V6 box and watch more TV when they have one. As a central entertainment hub, fired by our superior ultrafast broadband, the V6 is built for apps and the best on-demand TV experience - whether it's iPlayer, Netflix or thousands of Box Sets.
Rightfully, our customers expect the best, and with top-notch TV to lightning-fast broadband, that’s exactly what they are getting.

That was June 1st 2020

Maybe you all know more than me.lol easy done

We don't know what is going to happen, it is every man for himself when buying lines, they could still last a couple of years, we will, as always keep an eye on the situation.
It might be no harm to mention in the original post that there are rumours, but for now, pending a mod discussion, I think that is all we can do.
It must be remembered that TK gains nothing from lines, none of the team sell anything.
I agree no one knows for sure but it's not looking promising. I just think the cowboys would take advantage of naive members who turn up every 12 months and tack a reply on. 99% of them don't read the first post anyway, at least with it closed they'll request in general chat/chat box/ and any random thread they feel like and will be informed by all and sundry that it's probably game over so at least they'll have a chance to rethink before being fleeced by a passing vagabond

Therein lies the problem, they will post all over the shop, causing more work for Beni and myself.
If those who are wanting to buy don't research, then they only have one person to blame, no?
Anyhow, we shall convene a board meeting possibly tomorrow with that as the main item on the agenda.

Well yes it's their own fault I suppose but I don't like the idea of someone offering something for sale that they know won't work after a few weeks.
I have read in other places that this was the reason for the recent changes vm made WRT sd channels going off first, then everything off, then premium sports channels coming back and then off, it was testing all platforms.
It's off completely on July 1st and won't be coming back until caid 1850 is sorted :sneaky:

I got the letter from VM yesterday and rang them.

They said they are getting rid of all old boxes that are not tivo because they wont work with their new service anymore. This is the Samsung V+ HD and V HD boxes too.

Bear in mind that after they sent out the letters last year saying we would lose some services they didn't just take away sky sports and sly movies sd from us they also turned off all other functions ie. catch up / on demand / box sets / sky box office / red button / PPV facilities and all the other bells and whistles for them older boxes.

So to say they didn't do anything after last years letters is wrong.

also look on the VM own forums and you'll see replies from their own staff members.

heres a quote from one of the threads.

"Re: V+ BOX FAULT
Monday

They'll probably send you out either a Tivo or a V6. Any boxes that aren't a Tivo or a V6 get "retired" at the end of this month (from the 1st of July if a box isn't a Tivo or a V6 the only channels you'll be able to get will be BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV 1, Channel 4 and Channel 5).
You've probably had a letter in the about upgrading it
"

The person saying about having a card in the back of the older fat tivo makes no difference as that the box i have as my main box too all areas now have the tivo caid 1850 in the feeds. look on your oscam live log and turn off your server and you will see it right there trying to get a key. So if you pull your card out the back of your tivo it will work fine. If it doesnt then when you ask vm they wil simply pair the box up using their built in modem.

Im not sure how they will do the switch though as regoinal BBC 1 on BBC 2, ITV, C4 and C5 require a key to open right now and without a VM card they wont work. thats why people have had issues with regoinals on VM most providers blocked them as its a waste of ecms when theres over 10 different versions of each of them channels. So either VM will switch them to FTA and everyone with a feed will get them for free or they will still require a key from a card and the older VM boxes will still be able to watch just them 5 channels. The secondary seems lie the option to me since my cards dont run out until 23rd of July currently. or maybe they will send a signal to the older boxes to change their bouquets to only get a specific version of those 5 channels thats not specific to their area anymore..

All guess work atm but hey ho we had a great run after switching from SLY

Four EPL games being FTA is just a token gesture from BT and Sky. They were never gonna give any great number of games as they've invested heavily in sharing exclusive rights (along with Amazon) to show the matches in the UK. Suggestions it'd be FTA to lift the nations spirits and make up for fans not attending matches were just fanciful ideas from the government and media.

I stand corrected on this, looks like a lot more than 4 games will be FTA

Premier League football: How to watch the restart for free without Sky Sports

Amazon Prime to stream all four Premier League games free-to-air in UK

The big test now for all these so called server owners and providers of cable is how they cope with the loss off it. My setup has already confirmed all will be moved across to iptv with no loss of viewing :mask:
With all the Cable CS customers moving to IPTV, do you think the service quality will be affected?

It will affect a lot of providers who have relied upon the cable for a fair amount of their iptv uk streams. If anything it will get better now as more demand always pushes up the quality. Dog eat dog as they say.
But there'll be a lot more load on the servers.

But there'll be a lot more load on the servers.
Good providers will be planning now for possible/probable increase in demand and investing where needed. poor providers will be sitting on their rears rubbing their hands together just seeing pound signs and don't give a damn about what happens to the quality.

For new users of IPTV I would suggest just getting short 1 month subs to start with after testing just to ensure they are on a good server and not a poor one who has not done anything and becomes over subscribed within weeks.

Good providers will be planning now for possible/probable increase in demand and investing where needed. poor providers will be sitting on their rears rubbing their hands together just seeing pound signs and don't give a damn about what happens to the quality.

For new users of IPTV I would suggest just getting short 1 month subs to start with after testing just to ensure they are on a good server and not a poor one who has not done anything and becomes over subscribed within weeks.
This place will become a haven for new members selling and offering the world. To all members just use common sense and follow the guide given on post 1 (MODS GUIDE) of the iptv request section and follow it. Check member profiles before committing to a new provider. After the recent events which virgin has been rolling out in how your existing cable providers has looked after you. (y)

Back