all VM channels gone off?

Virgin 100% throttle I can guarantee you this

in 5+ years of being with VM, system was down once for a few days due to VM updating the cabinet & making a balls up of it as they cracked the master board which gave an intermittent fault & took a while to trace, a little downtime waiting for a couple of router replacements & a few stutters from time to time but resetting the router has sorted those out.
VM have never throttled my end to the best of my knowledge, speed tests always give me full speed & blocks have not touched our provider. IF VM are indeed throttling then something must have drawn their attention to make them target your connection. I don't like paying them each month but I can not fault VM from my own experience & wont be changing ISP unless/until VM start messing with my net service & even then the only other ISP I would want is B4RN but they stopped 1/2 miles from me as I'm on the edge of a city :(

Yeah more than likely but my vpn sorts me out so no throttling! I use vpn regardless whether need one or not I know isp can see what your upto and I know my Iptv provider can see my ip and a ip checker street map like google maps of my street because he’s shown it me, so I’d rather keep myself private (y) :coffee:

I have 200mb with virgin and I do not see throttling. I also use a vpn just for my own protection but i don't really need it. Even through a VPN i get 80-90mb and that is well fast enough for what I need it for. We have a gamer upstairs and he uses homeplugs with wifi and he gets between 160mb and 200mb even in this bedroom.

a few people have been posting on V forums saying they are down to only 1-5 on their boxes as of 3pm today. no mention of their areas though.

So just to confirm that Virgin have took at least 1 area down today.

So seems area by area is their strategy and will over coming days if not weeks be all turned off.

I'm not sure yet as I've not had anyone confirm to me that their service is down. it could also be that they might be disabling boxes individually. in that case peoples lines may stay on until their providers cards are knocked off. in the case of majority share servers they will become unstable once a few cards are lost and others become overloaded. but we will see how the weeknd unravels.

Well been a pleasure for all these years going strong.. Sad to see it go.

First time i noticed the lines across the screen people been saying about only for a few seconds and gone now so maybe beginning of the end :(

This was a post 40 minutes ago on the VM forums.

Q) My gran has a old virgin tv box and out of no where all her channels have disappeared, she is paying her monthly bills ect, iv tried following the instructions on line but they are for the newer boxes

A) All of the oldest V boxes were decommissioned on the 1st July.

This hasn't been out of nowhere, for the last couple of years Virgin Media have been contacting customers with these boxes at different times to offer a swap to their a TiVo or V6 box.

There have also been many on screen messages advising the boxes will stop working.

You will now need to contact Virgin Media to get a new box arranged for delivery or installation.

So it is certainly happening just a case of when.

Back