The Exorcist

grahamer67

TK Veteran
Just noticed The Exorcist movie is on TMC, i can remember trying to sneak into the local cinema when it was first made, after about two weeks we made it, scared the living crap out of us at the time, even now theres still a few bits that make you jump.

I have never seen any of the scary movies, didnt know they had a take on it, i will have to check it out.

Scary movie 2 at the beginning was a really funny film have to say the scene around the dinner table is one of the funniest ever.

The exorcist is up there as 1 of my all time favourite horror films, shame they don't make them like this any more.

Can't beat the old original horror movies as mentioned exorcist or amitaville horror movies

The exorcist is up there as 1 of my all time favourite horror films, shame they don't make them like this any more.
I watched it again last night when it was on it must have been the directors cut and in great HD quality, it had several scenes that i couldnt really remember and it said it was from the year 2000, when in fact the movie was made in 1973.

Scary movie 2 at the beginning was a really funny film have to say the scene around the dinner table is one of the funniest ever.
Yes i seen the clip from Scary movie, very funny and what was good was that the girl from the movie actually played the part in scary movie aswell.

I watched it again last night when it was on it must have been the directors cut and in great HD quality, it had several scenes that i couldnt really remember and it said it was from the year 2000, when in fact the movie was made in 1973.
Edit the previous post, the clip i seen with the same actress (Linda Blair) is from a different movie, Repossessed with Leslie Neilson, i have since seen the scary movie clip with James Woods, very funny also.

...I liked the Director's Cut also, and the picture/sound quality was very much improved.
One of our cinemas did a late night showing a few years back and I was amazed at not only how many people turned up...but the effect on the audience it still had after all this time...a classic that will never be bettered!

Exorcist will always be a classic. Exorcist 3 was also very good. This scene still gets me.

I never knew there was an Exorcist 2 and 3. I love a good horror film, despite the fact I jump like a girl at the slightest thing. Even that clip made me jump.

I never knew there was an Exorcist 2 and 3. I love a good horror film, despite the fact I jump like a girl at the slightest thing. Even that clip made me jump.

Exorcist 2 was a shocker mate. Exorcist 3 is a cult classic though in the franchise! Not trying to jump the Exorcist thread but this is by far the scariest thing I've witnessed in Horror movies. **** me many sleepless nights thanks to this fucker!

The Exorcist III is a fine flick indeed! :emoji_smiling_imp:

...what do you all make of the two prequels?...

Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist
and
Exorcist: The Beginning

The Exorcist III is a fine flick indeed! :emoji_smiling_imp:

...what do you all make of the two prequels?...

Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist
and
Exorcist: The Beginning

To be fair I loved The Exorcism of Emily Rose that film was eerie as F!

To be fair I loved The Exorcism of Emily Rose that film was eerie as F!

...oh yes!...especially when she starts counting in tongues and doing the demonic bendy-body shit in the barn (I'd be walking out backwards and locking that fucker so fast!!!..."tatty bye Father...and God bless!")

...oh yes!...especially when she starts counting in tongues and doing the demonic bendy-body shit in the barn (I'd be walking out backwards and locking that fucker so fast!!!..."tatty bye Father...and God bless!")

Haha I might be into it if I've had a few pints! I heard that she used no special effects and all her acting was authentic. Thats skills haha

...pints of whiskey you mean @TheSource ?
...for sure she was pretty impressive and very authentic...she was probably possessed mate!:emoji_fearful:
...you wanna read up on the story it was based on!...truth is always stranger than fiction...the poor sod!

Back