The Mob And Boxing

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Screenshot_20210201-094309_Irish Mirror.jpg

There was a discussion around here about how the underworld had always been involved in boxing, and how Daniel Kinahan was no worse than any other. This was around the time of the Fury V AJ bout, when Fury thanked Kinahan in public for his putting together the fight.

I argued that the thinking of several governments worldwide were of the opinion that he was at the top of the tree of a drug cartel, and this made it different.

It seemed at that time, that you guys didn't know what he was about, and this Panorama Documentary might just explain what we in Ireland have known about the Kinahan family due to our capital city being ruined by a bloody gang feud for ten years at least.

Probably worth a watch. - BBC1 TONIGHT 1/2/21 @ 2100 HRS

Fighters and gangsters always hold an allure don't they.

I can imagine being a footballer or a film star, fighting and organised crime just seem a world away

Thanks for the heads up

Will be either watching it or recording it I think it was around the time fury vs wilder 2 as he brokered the deal or played a part for fury vs aj with fury jumping on Instagram thanking him for getting the deal over the line so to speak so deffinatly worth a watch in all the years of liking boxing I can honestly say never heard of mafia/gang Lords been involved till wheelo shed light on the person mentioned.

Mafia and underworld has always been involved in boxing for so long. It's been linked hand in hand.

Liston and other fighters let's not forget from years that have gone by were linked with such criminal groups/enterprises.

Sadly its how its always been with boxing and still is there today.

Be interesting this documentary shedding more light on such dealings in this sport.

Liston and other fighters let's not forget from years that have gone by were linked with such criminal groups/enterprises.

In my opinion, this is completely different, Kinahan is trying to put himself out there as a legitimate business man, whereas I would liken it to Pablo Escobar (not our Pablo lol) promoting boxing in the UK.

In my opinion, this is completely different, Kinahan is trying to put himself out there as a legitimate business man, whereas I would liken it to Pablo Escobar (not our Pablo lol) promoting boxing in the UK.

Ye thats a fair point.

How the powers that be are allowing him into boxing in the first place speaks volumes how those know of his past and what he has been part of.

I will be watching this no doubt.

Cartels have always been involved in Sport to varying levels. Slightly more extreme and slightly off topic in a way was the tragic story of Andres Escobar. However, just shows how much the underworld has to play in Sport.

If anyone wants a similar viewing I recommend watching The Two Escobar’s it's a world away from this as such but it shows how much Cartels can play a part.

MV5BMTYzNTMwODM3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ5NzA3NTE@._V1_.jpg

I love boxing and these types of documentaries i can sit down and get lost in.
I don't think this one is so much about boxing as it is about the drug dealing misery brought on Dublin by the main player who is interested in rewriting history and becoming a businessman.

This man cannot set his foot in many countries for fear of being arrested and tried as a drug dealer and conspiracy to murder, not to mention the fear of being assassinated if he were to go around his home city openly.

Its just the whole picture and life these guys lead that makes it so interesting to watch. Greed and power fuels it and i have watched all the Pablo Escobar series and its surreal to a normal person what goes on in the world.

Its just the whole picture and life these guys lead that makes it so interesting to watch. Greed and power fuels it and i have watched all the Pablo Escobar series and its surreal to a normal person what goes on in the world.

It's crazy how close you are to it too. I mean for example, Andres Escobar probably thought at the time he was the furthest away from any underworld and look what happened the glitz and glamour of being a Footballer and Playing in a World Cup only to be murdered for it.

You really don't know who your messing with in all walks of life. Speaking of Dublin, it was only last year a 17 year old kid was chopped up/beheaded and dumped all round the place after messing with the wrong people.

I worked with a lad a couple of years ago,
real decent guy it seemed, I'd been to his house, normal terrace home out of town a bit,
I heard last year he was up on gun running charges amongst a host of other stuff,
you just never know.

I worked with a lad a couple of years ago,
real decent guy it seemed, I'd been to his house, normal terrace home out of town a bit,
I heard last year he was up on gun running charges amongst a host of other stuff,
you just never know.

Exactly! This thread is going to turn into 'My Mate Dodgy Dave down the road ......' but it's true lol you really don't know who's out there.

The world is a fekked up place tbh

I personally always try to keep my head down and not say anything to anyone when I am out even where I have been subject to provokation as you just never know if it will be the last day for you.

Exactly! This thread is going to turn into 'My Mate Dodgy Dave down the road ......' but it's true lol you really don't know who's out there.
I've worked with folks that you just know are plain dodgy, always got a scam on,
selling stuff thats obviously stolen or whatever,
but every now and again, there is just an ordinary guy llike you or me, and then something comes right out of the blue about his history, or what he has just done.

All I can say is Wow never knew the gym in marbaier was setup by macklin and Jamie Moore got shot he sounds like one serious gangster.
The family fued was mayhem

Back