The Razer Blade-Gaming Laptop

axxxo

VIP Member
razer_blade_gaming_laptop_11.jpg

We’ve heard of those epic ranges of gaming laptops from companies such as Alienware but quite frankly, they’re all a little on the chunky side, right? Not only are they thick, but they weigh a ton also. Well, that’s about to change because PC hardware and accessory manufacturers, Razer have a new gaming laptop which they consider to be “the world’s first real gaming laptop” and after seeing the "Razer Blade" notebook; I for one, agree.
Seven Pounds isn’t just a Will Smith movie, it’s also the weight of this 17 inch laptop - That’s super light for a laptop with that size of screen. It’s exactly 0.88 inches thin too, so the portability factor is definitely present in this machine of awesomeness.
The laptop sports a number of other things including the cool pun within it's name; "The Razer Blade", but other than that it features its own mini-screen as well as the huge 17 inch LCD display mentioned before. The smaller display sports its own UI called "The Switchblade UI" which puts your hotkeys, macros, and skills on 10 adaptive tactile keys with a matching icon set. Beneath that, an ultra-sensitive LCD multi-touch panel displays in-game info such as quests and chat messages. It can also be used as a multi-touch track pad if you fancy leaving your beloved Razer mouse at home.
Hardware-wise, it has 2GB of video RAM, an Intel i7 processor and sports an NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M GPU. It would seem Razer have shown off this device pretty well but has left out key points, it’s obvious that this laptop will cost a f**k load of bucks - So it brings me great discomfort to tell you all that this will cost $2,800 American.

I guess this is the part where everyone stops reading and continues to hack their consoles out of depression. :(
This would have been the best gaming laptop if they actually made it “for gamers” and not for extremely wealthy game addicts. Even with a couple of jobs, I would never fork this much money out on a gaming laptop. Anyone will tell you that you can build a PC with the same specs for probably an 8th of the price of this - Even if it is an awfully shiny and cool-looking gaming laptop, it’s not worth it. However, if you’ve got money to burn and wanna check out what this baby can do, then view the video below and prepare to drool. ;)

[video=youtube;QAj8UszMxwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAj8UszMxwA[/video]

Razerzone

News Source: Dashhacks

Back