The Remotes For Our Two H.2S Boxes Stopped Working On The Same Day.

caravanj

We have two Zgemma H.2S boxes, & one the remotes stopped working on one of the boxes & I was about to buy a new one when I decided to check the second box & found that neither of the remotes would work with either of the boxes. They'd both been working earlier in the day.
The chances of two remotes failing at the same time must be, well, remote, & I'm at a loss for an explanation.
P.S. The boxes have been trouble-free (apart from the odd reboot) since we had them in 2017 & the remote batteries are ok & were tested with new ones & both the boxes are fully functional via OpenWebif.
Any ideas would be most welcome.

Last edited:
Not a chance that both would fail at the same time.You have the same firmware setup on both boxes i take it ?

Did you go up to box and see if it gets a signal then,Any new electrical item added into room blocking signal,other remote with stuck button?

Thanks for your replies.
The boxes are situated one downstairs & one upstairs & no new electrical items have been installed in either room.
They were both working on the morning of Friday (14th Aug) & in the mid afternoon they weren't.
I've had the lid off one box & had the remote looking at the IR receiver head.
The boxes were bought together on the same day & have identical firmware & identical setup, the only difference is in what programmes have been recorded.
The remote keys are not stuck & the batteries are ok & they've also been tried with new batteries.

Last edited:
Buy a new remote or see if friend family member has a remote to test or you may need to call remote busters!!!! (something spook) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for your replies.
The boxes are situated one downstairs & one upstairs & no new electrical items have been installed in either room.
They were both working on the morning of Friday (14th Aug) & in the mid afternoon they weren't.
I've had the lid off one box & had the remote looking at the IR receiver head.
The boxes were bought together on the same day & have identical firmware & identical setup, the only difference is in what programmes have been recorded.
The remote keys are not stuck & the batteries are ok & they've also been tried with new batteries.

My guess is a poltergeist or a ghost of some kind, consult an exorcist

I've tested both remotes with my smartphone camera & neither of them shows a light so I've ordered one new remote & if that works with both boxes I'll order a second remote.

The new remote worked with both boxes so thanks to cactikid for reminding me about camera testing for IR remotes.

Back