The whole Shebang. From headend to box any threads explaining?

Hello guys wasnt sure where to post this thread so admin/mods please delete if its not appropriate. Are there any guides explaining how these new system(s) work. The mechanics of it all. Back in the days of analogue (i know i know) most people twigged how it worked quite easily by reading educational posts which explained how the datastream came from headend, all the way down to the decryption process within the box and so on so forth. The Jerrold cubes and baby j's were abandoned and favoured for the internal PIC12C509 chip connected to each end of the severed data link which in turn enabled the dump/code to take control of the box. I know the new system is totally different from this but am interested to know how it works and am sure many others will be too. Also it would save a lot of filling in the blanks and errors made by noobs like myself and take some of the weight off the regular tech guys answering silly questions from us lol. Just a thought

You don't need to know that really.
You put a line in and restart the softcam, boom, channels appear.
What else did you want to know?
The channel streams are permanently in the thick cable, the box decodes them and the line is an unlock code for the encrypted ones

Back