Ticket Mix-Up Leaves Liverpool FC Red-Faced

Mooley

TK Veteran
Liverpool fans were surprised to receive an email offering tickets for an FA Cup fourth-round draw with Burnley - before the team had been beaten by Reading in the third.

fbf2bd5f9d025e0150e9013084a40258.jpg

Overconfident: A copy of the email offering fans tickets before they lost to Reading

Anfield chiefs were so sure of thrashing Reading, they sent the email to Kop season-ticket holders at 5pm on Wednesday, two hours before the third-round match had even begun.

However, three hours later Reading beat Liverpool 2-1 and went through to face Burnley.

Liverpool fans were understandably angry.

One supporter, Martin Jones, told The Sun: "I didn't read it until after the game.

"When I got on the computer and opened it up I couldn't believe my eyes.

"It was bad enough to crash out of the cup but then for the club to try and sell me tickets for the next round was like a slap in the face."

The incident was the latest set-back for Liverpool, who have already been knocked out of the Champions League and are trailing Premier League leaders Chelsea by 12 points.

Then on Thursday it was announced that striker Fernando Torres will be out of action with a knee injury for six weeks.

red faces all round, think the players thought that all they had to do to win was turn up

Back