Tiles been blown off wind speed in excess of 80mph

stuss

V.i.P Oakley connesuir
TK Supporter
Was rudely woken up this morning, by a neighbour 1.30am saying my ridge tile has blown off and landed in the garden,
I usually do DIY myself, or the help of my French friend..Henry.
Bit windy for me as my

Anemometer, which I use for measuring wind speed, for my Drone. Speed at 1.45am measured 78mph.​

Called a roofer expecting a price of £50 - £80
£150 the t##t wanted just for driving 1 mile. Without even looking at the job.
Will do it myself .!
Rant over

UPDATE
4 Other neighbours have extensive damage to roof, and tiles, village is cut off due to falling trees.

Attachments

• 20211127_091258.jpg
    20211127_091258.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20211127_111927.jpg
    20211127_111927.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Think that's about average mate for a tradesman, even though it's only a small job. Everybody's on 100 per visit plus material.
Or you could go down the Rod Hull Route
Good Luck.... Paul

Ridge tile and damaged dry verge too, might be worth a claim on the buildings insurance.

Regarding the price, I'd pay a roofer whatever he wanted. I used to have a head for heights but then for no apparent reason lost the nerve and once your self confidence has gone you're b*ggered!

Good luck with it.

Worked on heights most of my working life today was a little windy.. I was put out, because without looking at a job t@@t took liberty regards, his get out of bed fee.
I took a ladder out, strapped it to guttering retrieved the remaining tile. Will redarbo, during the week.
Next door same issue, took their ridge tile down. Will resit ridge tile, when I do mine..

Worked on heights most of my working life today was a little windy.. I was put out, because without looking at a job t@@t took liberty regards, his get out of bed fee.
I took a ladder out, strapped it to guttering retrieved the remaining tile. Will redarbo, during the week.
Next door same issue, took their ridge tile down. Will resit ridge tile, when I do mine..
Fourth dryverge up needs a screw in it.
The ridges look like dry ridge?
You may have to take the top dryverge capping off to fix it down, then fix the capping back

Back