Time shift help

scours81

Hi
Looking for help.
I've got a 8gb USB abs have followed 2 guides to setting up USB to allow epg and timeshift abs recordings.
1 way involved initialising then swap/mounting then worked fine and then went back to it good -0 hours later pressed pause and top right hand corner x comes up. Check the storage and it went down to 0gb available storage on USB. Seems not deleted timeshift or something?
Tried another way and come up with message can't created hardlink or something.

Any help please

Yea that is how time shift works it records and keeps it
You can change settings to make it delete more often

So. Set it up once again last night. Worked fine after ten mins.

Put into standby. Went yo bed.

Got up turned on . Give it a minute, then tried to pause and the Red Cross appeared and checked storage and it was 0gb again

Hi
Looking for help.
I've got a 8gb USB abs have followed 2 guides to setting up USB to allow epg and timeshift abs recordings.
1 way involved initialising then swap/mounting then worked fine and then went back to it good -0 hours later pressed pause and top right hand corner x comes up. Check the storage and it went down to 0gb available storage on USB. Seems not deleted timeshift or something?
Tried another way and come up with message can't created hardlink or something.

Any help please
8gb isn't big enough to use. Absolute minimum would be 16gb. Personally I wouldn't set one up with less than 32gb.

Also, be sure it's good quality branded stick from a proper source and not ebay

Thanks.

I get your point but wouldn't 7gb enough to record 2 hrs worth of timeshift? And why wouldn't it delete itself?

Back