WilloBuild Time

Deanski

Hi,how do i change the time on the box now that the clocks have gone forward ?,i thought it did it automatically
Zgemma i55 PLUS running VIX 5.3.019
Many thanks

Yes mate numerous times,its strange as i have another box just running the bare bones without a build (same VIX version) and that has auto changed

Not sure about Vix, but on ATV I just went in to my time settings and it had changed to Germany for some reason.
Changed back to United Kingdom and rebooted its fine now.

Unsure if its a problem with WilloBuild but trying to reflash and just getting the no such file or directory error message

Try my suggestion before you reboot back up your settings to make sure.
You shouldn't need to reflash your box to change the time imo.

Try my suggestion before you reboot back up your settings to make sure.
You shouldn't need to reflash your box to change the time imo.
Hi Jamie i had a look at that mate,timezone area is set to Europe,timezone set to London,sync time using Transponder time,NTP server is pool.ntp.org

There were some new time zones added recently I think.
I noticed that a Zgemma H7 with my build on had updated to the new time correctly this morning but 2 Vu+ boxes with plain ViX on them were still stuck at 5am :sleep:
I will have a look when I get home from work.

There were some new time zones added recently I think.
I noticed that a Zgemma H7 with my build on had updated to the new time correctly this morning but 2 Vu+ boxes with plain ViX on them were still stuck at 5am :sleep:
I will have a look when I get home from work.
Hi Willo thanks for replying mate,firstly many thanks for the build its quality buddy
Ive given the box a reflash with the script that the fellow above posted,it didnt give the box manufacture or model choice as it did before but its flashed all the same,many thanks to everyone for the advice and help

Timezone area Generic
Timezone GB-Eire

Seems to be correct but using Europe with London timezone doesn't seem to update

Hi Willo thanks for replying mate,firstly many thanks for the build its quality buddy
Ive given the box a reflash with the script that the fellow above posted,it didnt give the box manufacture or model choice as it did before but its flashed all the same,many thanks to everyone for the advice and help

Grog68 has fixed the box manufacturer / model problem and I thought I'd updated it all my end.
I'll give it a go after work.

There's a few complaining that the time didn't update on the ViX forum.
Apparently changing the time zone to generic and then changing back to London works.

Last edited:
I am sure Timezone files did not update properly or replace existing files properly, but fine on image with newer files.

Option 1 (as posted by Iansav)
opkg install --force-reinstall tzdata tzdata-core tzdata-europe

Option 2
Flash and restore

Last edited:
Back