Timeshift fails after pause TV

Mission360

I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4K Enigma 2 box running OpenATV 6.4 all up to date. I can pause live tv fine (this applies to both Satellite and IPTV), but if I pause it a second time on the same channel, when resuming play it then stops playing with just a blank screen. The only way out of this is to change the channel, thus losing the timeshift.
The box has a 320gb HDD installed with 301gb free. Recordings are fine with no recording or playback issues.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to diagnose the issue I am having?

Cheers.

I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4K Enigma 2 box running OpenATV 6.4 all up to date. I can pause live tv fine (this applies to both Satellite and IPTV), but if I pause it a second time on the same channel, when resuming play it then stops playing with just a blank screen. The only way out of this is to change the channel, thus losing the timeshift.
The box has a 320gb HDD installed with 301gb free. Recordings are fine with no recording or playback issues.

Cheers.
Try remounting HDD and make sure the destination is right.
Mount manager set up mounts to Media/HDD ext 4 then green to save reboot and retry!
Most timeshift problems are usually HDD set up.
Make sure timeshift settings and recording settings are the same as Mount.

Hi, cheers for the advice. I followed your instructions but still have the issue. As a test I setup a USB for the timeshift and the same thing happens. I have found this error in the logs though. Does it make sense to anyone?
12:08:23.0806 [ ] service/servicedvb.cpp:1747 timeshift [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
12:08:23.1764 [!W!] dvb/frontend.cpp:1687 readFrontendData [eDVBFrontend] Slow ioctl 'FE_READ_SNR', potential driver issue, 60ms

Cheers.
Did you manage to resolve this issue? I'm having exactly the same issue

Have you tried rolling back to the previous version of openatv or tried openvix? Sometimes I get issues we updates and I just revert to the last version that worked until the next update

I have to be honest. I have tried several versions now of both ATV and VIX on E2 multiboot. I can only surmise it could be the HDD.

I once had a technomate tm twin and it was crap with timeshift. I thought maybe the same as you. I put the hard drive in my new receiver and it worked perfect. More than likely a firmware issue

Back