Timeshift issue

dazw86

Hi all,

I know Timeshift is like Marmite on here as some will say stay well clear due to issues but I used to have it working on an older box and the Mrs much prefers it.

I have set it up as per normal on my H5.2TC and it works for a couple of days but then it will fail as it has filled the HDD with timeshift files. It never used to do this as I would assume it deleted old ones when you zapped off a channel?

My settings attached.timeshift1.jpg timeshift2.jpg

Has anyone had the same issue or has any ides please?

Cheers,

I'm also having the same issue. I was told to set Enable AutoRecord to No which is what you have. I get my disk space back once the box has rebooted. Are you running OpenATV v6 ?

Your settings are very similar to mine on my H5.2TC and I don't have any problems with it filling the hdd...

a0z1nnH.jpg

I 'think' it may be the 'Timeshift buffer limit' and 'Timeshift last events limit'.

Mine were both set to 12, so in theory that could been 12 x 12 hours worth of timeshift recording?

I 'think' it may be the 'Timeshift buffer limit' and 'Timeshift last events limit'.

Mine were both set to 12, so in theory that could been 12 x 12 hours worth of timeshift recording?

Yes, sounds logical so change it to same as mine as see if it makes any difference - hopefully it should :)

Im not at home to check but pretty sure i have events set to 1 and buffer limit set to 3 hrs. Give that a try and see if it makes a difference

Edit just seen ste's settings are the same :)

My Timeshift settings are the same as ste's and issue still evident. I've had to change 'Automatically start timeshift after' to Disabled in order to resolve the issue for now. Assuming this has stopped timeshift for good?

I'm not sure, it may still let you pause and timeshift may kick in then. You may just not be able to record live tv?

I think the above sorted my issues, didn't get chance to check but will try later and post back.

Checked last night and it seems changing the settings above fixed the issue for me. Thanks for your help guys.

edmoses - Not sure what else may be causing this tbh, can you post a screen shot of your settings page?

Back