Tips for the 'New Normal' Of IPTV through VPN

tomlee80

Now that my ISP (BT), blocks everything from IPTV Sub. I now run a 75Mbps internet connection through a VPN causing it to drop to between 8-15Mbps. This is just about okay for casual TV watching... but what about BIG sports events?

Well things were tested on my Zgemma H2.S (which is connected directly via ethernet), for the Liverpool Arsenal match this evening. I just about managed to get past the glitching on all 6 streams from my provider by:

-Powering off Zgemma H2S at the back manually
-Shutting down the router, waiting 1 minute, powering back up.
-Unplugging all home plugs in the house, once router connects and goes solid green, re-insert home plugs and recalibrate.
-Turn on Zgemma Box and TV.

Once this was done and I was reconnected to my VPN I managed to get fault free viewing of the whole match for the last 60 minutes (perhaps one freeze, but flipping off the channel and back on sorted it).

MY QUESTION IS.... Can this procedure be shortened?

-Would a larger USB Memory stick with a larger swap file make a difference? (I still have no idea what a Swap file is, but guessed it was to do with memory/buffering or something)
-Will a simple 'clear cache' option do the trick exactly the same? If so where is this menu option

I run a Zgemma H2S, Latest Wooshbuild Infinity, Latest OpenATV, 8gb USB in back. Used to stream IPTV like a demon before I was forced to use a VPN plugin (Pure VPN Manager for Enigma 2).

| only have a 28 Mbps connection get 20 Mbps at most but when using vpn I get 16 Mbps but now running zgemma h9 combo, when I was using h2s it could drop to between 6-8 Mbps using vpn.
Lots of factors can come into it especially from provider side they can get overloaded if everyone watching same thing.

All I needed to do was switch on my VPN and that was me , no problems at all for Liverpool game, but I did stop using my zgemma for watching iptv last month, I now use iMplayer on a firestick for iptv, Its far better all round, much better than xtream editor that I used to use on my h5, I use that for Euro sat and 28e sat and it runs far better now that xtream editor is off it as it used to lag a bit with the blue circle when I was using it for all 3.

If your speed drops that much I'd be inclined to think your box is trying to do too much work,
Either
delete a lot of bloat off your box, use a barebones install, not a premade image,
Or
Use a VPN router that is designed for the job

Both my subs worked without vpn by the time the Liverpool v Arsenal match was underway so don't be too convinced that "the new normal" is that we'll need vpn's for football. The iptv providers are always trying to find ways around problems.

That's why Alot of providers use the first game to try implament things some providers will be like fcuk it just let them use vpn lol

Anyone using Digibit vpn, mate signed up earlier today but he cannot get a connection to any servers, not sure myself how digibit works as I use surfshark.

OK, Cheers baz, its a firestick he has, he just got it today, getting a no process running message when trying to connect

Anyone using Digibit vpn, mate signed up earlier today but he cannot get a connection to any servers, not sure myself how digibit works as I use surfshark.

Tell him to make sure he's signed in using the login credentials from the email digibit sent when he subscribed, and not the login and password that he created to access the client area on the digibit site.

Could it simply be that your VPN isn't a very good one for speed? Have you tested multiple servers to see if ones run faster than the other? I had a similar experience with my vpn going through an english server. I tested the Romanian server and the speed only lost about 10-15%. (compared to sometimes >80%)

Tell him to make sure he's signed in using the login credentials from the email digibit sent when he subscribed, and not the login and password that he created to access the client area on the digibit site.
He got in touch with them to try and cancel, still waiting to hear how he got on.

I had trouble tonight trying to watch Spurs v Chelsea with surfshark vpn, ended up turning it off and watching on 13e sat with polish commentary

I am also having low speed problems when using PIA VPN with a zgemma h2s. Without the vpn running it's 38Mbs with the vpn turned on it's around 8Mbs this is with using a UK server. When I am using the vpn on my windows PC there is virtually no drop in speed. Why the big drop when going through the zgemma?

Back