Tiviar Alpha wont change channel

Ladyblue

Registered
Hi All..I hope I am posting this in the correct place.I got a Tiviar Alpha Plus box 2 weeks ago..It was working fine.It didnt have a hard drivr,so I put one in a couple of days ago.
When I am watching a channel for a while,and try to turn up/down volume or change channel,it wont work.I have to change the channel by the button on the front of the box,and then the remote will work for another while.After putting in the drive, I had a message on screen asking if I wanted to initialise the drive,I pressed ok.I can pause/rewind and record..I dont get the end of the recording,but I think I can adjust the settings for that...Its just the remote not moving the channels that I cant figure out.
Any information would be great..Thanks LB....

Ladyblue

Registered
The batteries are new Abu....When I change the channel from the front of the box,the remote works fine.But after staying on the same channel for a while,the remote fails again.I never had the problem untill I put in the HDD.I am baffled..

Ladyblue

Registered
Just turned it on now....The remote wont change it from thre channel that it is on........I checked the remote through the phone on camera,and it is working?....I am at a loss now

Last edited:

Ladyblue

Registered
I just swapped the batteries there..and it works..But I took out the original batteries last night to see if the connections were clean,and they were because the remote is new,and it worked when I put them back in.I hope its a simple fix like the batteries...I must put the drive back in,and hopefully good to go..Thanks

cactikid

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
If you get very close to box does remote work?

I think i remember some electrical devices causing issues with signals.

Any other remotes gone missing sending a signal with a stuck button.

Ladyblue

Registered
It didnt work right in front of the box..Hopefully the batteries that came with it were the problem..no other remotes missing...I will see how it goes roday with the battery change..Thank you

cactikid

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
Sometimes new batteries are needed even in new things.Last week bought a new digital tyre pressure guage and it not worked and had duracell batteries included and reports were others had faulty batteries.
Was that old or new batteries not worked in front of box?

Ladyblue

Registered
It didnt work right in front of the box..Hopefully the batteries that came with it were the problem..no other remotes missing...I will see how it goes roday with the battery change..Thank you
Sometimes new batteries are needed even in new things.Last week bought a new digital tyre pressure guage and it not worked and had duracell batteries included and reports were others had faulty batteries.
Was that old or new batteries not worked in front of box?
The batteries that came with the remote didnt work in front of the box....

Ladyblue

Registered
Yeah they are..But it was the day I put the hard drive in that the problem started,and I could see the remote signal through the camera on the phone..so I thought it was something else..Hopefully all will be good..Only new to the box...so I will have more questions lol