Tj's Epilepsy Journey - Techkings supporters thread.

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
TJBAN.gif

After a member here posted about TJ here Techkings wanted to get involved to help towards raising the money needed for TJ to have an operation before he is 2 years old so we have our own donation page on Idonate.ie.

From TJ's facebook page.

Tj Cunningham from Tallaght is A gorgeous little boy who was born perfectly healthy in may 2011.
At 13 months Tj had his 1st seizure sitting in his high chair, just hours after his 13 month vaccination (Hib). 3 weeks later he was diagnosed with a rare and severe form of epilepsy called 'Infantile Spasms'. After many hospital admissions, MRI scans, CT scan, EEG's, lumber puncture, endless amounts of needles, drugs and of course sleepless nights Tj is still getting worse week by week. He now has over 100 seizures every day! None of the many medicines we tried do anything for him except cause terrible side effects.

TJ can no longer walk or sit unassisted anymore but his determination to walk has never left him, and will hopefully stand to him soon! He has no speech or understanding of it, and is failing basic milestones like clapping, waving, pointing, playing with toys and basic communication skills.

Tj needs to have major brain surgery before he is 2 years old. We hope after this he will be seizure free and can learn to talk and walk again, it is his last option for the chance to hopefully be able to live a normal life that every child deserves. Hope you can help by sharing this page and his short video to try raise vital funds!

Please watch the whole video.

[video=youtube;RdiQUKBKBTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdiQUKBKBTQ[/video]

From TJ's facebook page.

A quick update to all our followers:

We received some good news yesterday. Our preferred hospital in America has accepted Tj for surgery and the costs are more realistic than previous quotes, our goal is now €160,000, and this should hopefully cover all medical expenses.

We would like to thank everyone who has shown their support over the last few weeks, the response has been amazing and has really lifted our spirits!

Leah, Tony & Tj xxx

So Techkings has taken down the donation page here and is asking anyone who was going to donate to Techkings to please donate to TJ instead using the banner at the top of this page.

We are also appealing to anyone, members guests etc that can donate anything for us to use in a raffles that we can have here to help towards the cause. Every penny is going to TJ's operation and it doesn't matter how much you donate every penny helps.

All money raised will go towards covering Tj's medical expenses overseas.

If we are lucky enough to raise more than is needed we will donate any left over funds to the following charities.

Jack and Jill foundation

and

The Laura Brennan Charitable Trust (The Laura Brennan Charitable Trust)

I am also offering businesses an opportunity to get some free advertising here for 6 months in return for merchandise to be used in raffles by offering placements/adverts/links on our homepage and forum footer. If you are interested you can either register and private message me in here or email me on webmaster@techkings.org.

Members in here donating please post in here and I will give you 6 months subscription which will give you special benefits on the forum including.

• TK supporters badge under your username.
  • Maximum Stored Private Messages: 500 (usually 10).
  • Custom Avatar: 150W x 200H px (usually 100 x 100).
  • A larger Signature allowance.
  • A larger profile picture allowance.
  • Much more room for album pictures.
  • No waiting between downloads.
  • Can private message multiple people at the same time.
  • Ability to make a private chat with any member in the chat-box un-moderated.
  • Many other features and more important you are helping TJ!.

I will check the donation page then add a non recurring subscription to your account. We will also be holding raffles over the next couple of month and every penny of profit will be going to TJ.

Thanks for reading!.

[SUB]P.S Members that have already donated in Hills original thread, I will add the benefits to your account shorty.
p.s.s If you have a facebook or twitter account please share this page!!!, Click the share button to the right whilst logged into your accounts and it will automatically share this.

[/SUB]Special thanks to these members for your donations!.

These members donated on another page.

Allybird58.
Axxxo.
Noelyf.
Wheelo.

These members donated on the Techkings donation page.

Anto1969.
Cactikid.
Icanbe.
Stonage.

If your name isn't here and you have donated please private message me.

H and all the team at TK thanks a million for highlighting TJs cause ,as has already been said a donation no matter how big or small WILL make a difference
Tony,Leah and little TJ are due to fly out to the states next Friday so please if you can keep the donations coming (y)

Absolutely awesome of you H (y)

I've already donated, but will donate again :)

I've tried to watch the video, but it breaks my heart.

Some more news!.

From TJ's facebook page.

Finally the news we have been waiting so long for! Tj's appointment has been confirmed for the children's hospital inDetroit, USA. He is being admitted on Sunday 24th for further testing and the work up for surgery.
Thanks to a very generous Tricia from ProTravel in New York who sponsored our flights we will be flying out next Friday.
We still have a long way to go with fundraising but have raised an amazing 24k in just 2 weeks and without all of you that are helping and have given us so much hope this would not be possible! Keep an eye out on this page for all the Events coming up and to keep up to date with Tj's progress.
Thanks everyone!
Leah, Tony & Tj xxx

Donated and goodluck to little T.J. hope all goes well, sending thoughts and prayers x.

The video is very touching & brought a tear to my eye. :upset:
I wish you all the best & hope Tj's operation is a great success.
I will be donating, every penny helps.

[h=5]Tj all smiles after his 1st of many tests! Were so lucky he's been in great form since we got here - makes everything easier!

Thanks to everyone who attended and organised all the events this weekend! Unbelievable funds raised!

Tony Leah & Tj xxx[/h]

26-02-2013 15-31-06.png

WOW someone donated 100 euros last night named Brianie.

Thank you!!.

Morning all, we have another busy fundraising day today. We hope to see you at some of the events.

Tj's Pop up Shop, 10:30 - 17:00
Its in the library bar, Abberley Court.
New/Second hand.....Clothes, Shoes, Handbags, Accessories.....

Then its, Zumba for at 14:00

This event is on Firhouse Sports Complex, on the grounds of Firhouse Community College.
Pay at the door is only €15.
All kids 12 and under are half price this Saturday!!
So bring them along to join the fun!! Prize for the best dancer!

And finally there is a Benefit night this evening in The Kiltipper Inn. Starts at 8pm, Live band at 9:30 & loads of great prizes in a raffle.

Thanks

Afternoon all,

Just a quick note to tell you how the weekends fundraising went. Riva bingo raised €8070, the 5 a side tournament raised €7051.17 and the Coffee morning raised €1400. That's €16521.17 in total.
Well done to everyone and thank you all for getting involved and supporting Tj.
I'll be adding another few events to Tj's wall soon. Hope to see you all again soon.
Thanks
Ken

Morning all, we have another busy fundraising day today. We hope to see you at some of the events.

Tj's Pop up Shop, 10:30 - 17:00
Its in the library bar, Abberley Court.
New/Second hand.....Clothes, Shoes, Handbags, Accessories.....

Then its, Zumba for at 14:00

This event is on Firhouse Sports Complex, on the grounds of Firhouse Community College.
Pay at the door is only €15.
All kids 12 and under are half price this Saturday!!
So bring them along to join the fun!! Prize for the best dancer!

And finally there is a Benefit night this evening in The Kiltipper Inn. Starts at 8pm, Live band at 9:30 & loads of great prizes in a raffle.

Thanks

(y)

313708_141737475995259_1139891985_n.jpg

Little Update on Tj:
It has been a long 2 weeks of scans and tests and nervously waiting results but now there's less than 12 hours to go before Tj's 1st operation. We have been waiting for this day for so long now and can't believe it's time. We need all the prayers we can get to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible over the next few weeks. The doctors will be mapping the areas of Tj's seizures for the next 5 days and his 2nd operation will be on tuesday. Tj is bathed and fast asleep now. Going to try get some rest ourselves. Night for now.
Tony, Leah & Tj xxx

Tj holding my hand today, can't wait for all this to be over so I can pick him up and cuddle him to bits ❤

554957_143110379191302_1765131028_n.jpg

Back