Tj's Epilepsy Journey - Techkings supporters thread.

Surgery almost done, he is doing well, 130 grids placed on the right side and about 15 on the left. He will be back with us in about an hour and we will be in ICU with him till tomorrow

Finally bandage is off and we are discharged!! It's been a rough and emotional few weeks and we have been holding back on updates as things can change so quickly. Tj still has to be monitored very closely as an outpatient for the next few weeks for post surgery side effects and has to attend intense rehab daily to get the strength back on his left side that he lost during surgery. He is also adapting to his new field of vision as he lost his left side peripheral vision in both eyes. Overall Tj has been doing great and has NOT had a seizure since his 2nd surgery. Now hopefully the seizures stay away and he will have a fair chance to catch up with his milestones.
We would like to thank everyone again for all the ongoing support, good wishes and prayers!
Love Leah, Tony & Tj xxx — at Children's Hospital of Michigan.

481160_147394418762898_814496856_n.jpg

It really is heartening to see the miracles being carried out by such skilled surgeons on a daily basis.

27-03-2013 13-00-59.png

Tj's scar is looking a lot better this week, and to look at him he looks just as he did before surgery! So glad we didn't have to shave all his hair for the surgery. We think we have perfected the comb over now to cover up his war wounds at the front. Tj is definitely getting stronger every day! He is now able to sit on his own, kiss and clap after just two weeks! He is still traumatised from the surgeries though and doesn't trust anyone, he is finding intense rehab very tough and it is very stressful for everyone involved, hoping we can get him home soon and continue in more familiar surroundings.
Thanks again to everyone for all the outpouring support and well wishes. It is really keeping our spirits up to know how much support we have behind us!
Fingers crossed onwards and upwards from here!
Leah, Tony & Tj xxx

The surgeons involved in this minor miracle are truly gifted. TJ looks set to go all the way now :)

Still early days of course, but the signs are encouraging. Let's just hope and pray tj's progress is constant and permenant, best wishs to tj and family

Having a daughter of my own with epilepsy i can only pray that TJ remains seizure free and hope he goes on to achieve everything he possibly can. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish so much more could be done to make people aware of epilepsy.

I haven’t been online for a while & I’m truly gob smacked as to how positively TJ has improved since his operation. His journey really is heart-warming & an inspiration to those without hope. All the best!

Somebody's looking forward to Christmas!

1454649_238390609663278_233033735_n.jpg

Just to let you all know Tj is doing very well, you can keep up to date with his story here on Facebook and Donate here if you wanted to.

We still have €160 to donate with thanks to http://www.techkings.org/members/maza1965.html saved aside and we have a few raffles to do yet. We will be continuing to raise money for him over the Christmas period well into the new year.

Thanks HT.

We ALL hope TJ has a joyfully Christmas this year, next year & beyond.
Tony, Leah and their whole family must be truly humbled at the overwhelming gestures of human kindness that has reached a wound that only compassion can heal.
Merry :christmas tree:Christmas

This is wonderful news, it is truly amazing the progress TJ has made in the last few months.

I wish TJ and his family a Merry Christmas and pray that things will just keep getting better for them :)

I'm not a internet guy,(Only TechKings) I would love to know how TJ Is getting on.Thanks Guys.(y)

Back