To VPN or not to VPN?

zeeman

I'm confused! Do I VPN or not? I've had a couple of iptv trials but on looking at going ahead with it I am told they do not allow VPN's on their services due to misuse. I can't say I'd feel very happy not using a VPN for my own piece of mind to be honest.

This is correct, It is called Re-Sharing, and it is Abused by many. I would rather be with a Supplier that actually knows what they are doing and has there eye on the BALL...
No VPN...
If they ask you to use a VPN, the chances are they are either Blocked by ISP's or are getting to the point they are gonna be, and they are also clueless to how to get round it too
Many reasons to be honest, but my Answer.. No VPN!
Do not be Shocked Providers say that VPN's are banned from use on there Service. It's a good thing!!

Any decent supplier should have a work around by now been nearly 12 months since the high court ruling only rubbish ones will get blocked who havnt got a clue how it all works I havnt had to use one for iptv only for personal use on torrent sites

I VPN.
As has been mentioned and as you've found, it does limit suppliers as many don't allow it for the reasons mentioned. I have one on my box for when using IPTV player as some of the sources connect to websites that I would prefer that my ISP did not know I was connecting to.
While it is easy enough to toggle the VPN off/on, my partner simply can't get behind that so it gets left turned on.

I'd imagine that the risks from using IPTV without a VPN are pretty low though.

you don't need a vpn i agree but i have come the conclusion it is better to use one.

Back