Torn between two boxes

Fazerboy

Hi all,

After reading a reasonable amount of posts on this forum and Umming and Ahhing rather a lot I have finally decided to take the plunge and buy myself a box. The only problem really is which one to go for. I've narrowed my choices down to just two. The Zgemma Star H.2S with an external hdd or the VU+ Solo2 with internal hdd.

I've researched both boxes as much as I can and am aware that the VU would be a neater and more compact setup that is officially supported by Vix but is expensive whilst the Zgemma with an external hdd is a little less neat and not officially supported by Vix but considerably cheaper. I don't know if either has a better picture quality than the other or if one is easier to set up than the other.

Anyway my question is :- Is it worth paying twice the price for the VU?

I'm not overly concerned about setting either of the boxes up as there are some pretty comprehensive guides for both on here although I do get the occasional twinge of panic as reading about how to do something and actually doing it are quite often very different (a bit like teaching yourself how to ride a bike from a book). The panic subsides quickly when I remind myself that there are plenty of knowledgeable people here who are willing and able to help a sausage fingered numbskull like myself out of the neck deep brown smelly stuff should the need arise. Enough said.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

getting a vu solo2 twin sat box is a high end receiver,and will never look back when once bought,i have solo,duo,solo2 et10000 and others lol.

if you can afford it the vu range is always going to be better. Even if you were on a budget i would advise staying away from the zgemma

Vu all the way, good choice

Buy it from WOS flashed with Openvix

Then follow this here

It's pretty straight forward with the box in front of you.

It's for a "combo" a sat and cable box, so just ignore the cable parts
and set both sat tuners up the same way

Just purchased my first box, went for an Edision OS Mini in the end. Very impressed with it's performance.
I know it's not one of the two you mentioned but thought I'd give it a mention in case it's not one you've considered.

The guide mentioned above will have you set up in a matter of minutes. Very easy to follow

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i have a h2s for the money it is great
if you want it for just satellite viewing its very good

but im sure if you want plex kodi or whatever you will need the more powerful box

Last edited:
Back