Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torrent player plugin

moshibeth

TK Veteran
Afternoon all and a nice plugin as another way of streaming free films/series/music ect. Been tested on mips and arm based enigma2 and can confirm it works. For anyone who uses it just make sure you have plenty of memory available on your box because it downloads the streams.

torrentPlayer 1.0

Transmission has been known for longtime as the only enigma2 torrent search engine and the known plugin eMission based on this library.
Although transmission has many good points like extensive,easy to setup and has webinterface but unfortunately has bad points in the enigma2 environment ,it is heavy with slow performance ,consumes memory and more than that has not sequential download property which able us to watch torrent movie after downloading small percentage.
In the late years developers succeeded to bind bittorrent c+ library to python as libtorrent.so,libtorrent is light,easy to manage and more than that has sequential download property which make us watching the movie after downloading small percentage.
Many when hear word torrents think about illegality and viruses but this is not the case in most of the times.Torrents is high technology to download large files with high speed without exhausting web servers.Movies and series now have very high quality and 4k quality but with large size ,which mean that normal streaming and classical downloading methods are unable to cope with this development ,so torrents streaming is the proper choice in this case.
I made torrentPlayer as first player depends and connects with libtorrent with reference to known and popular torrent websites like rarbg,ytlst and thepiratesbay.
It is fantastic entertainment experience as you can watch 4k movies and very high quality movies and tvshows instantly without waiting long time to download then watch.

setup:
download this ipk package and move it to /tmp directory and install by telnet
PHP Code:
opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
or by using this script in the telnet
PHP Code:
wget http://tunisia-dreambox.info/TSplugins/torrentPlayer/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh
Features:
-extract data from known popular safe torrent sites.
-Built in subssupport for subtitles
-Include powerful search by using new virtualkeyboard with windows interface supported by history and google suggestions and available with any language
-Use of imdb search engine to display movies data as well as movie trailer
-Player with support for exteplayer3,gstplayer in addition to defualt image player.
-Attractive simple interface.
-And much more...

torrentPlayer 1.1
fixed some bugs in first version

for setup by telnet copy and paste this script:

Code:
wget http://tunisia-dreambox.info/TSplugins/torrentPlayer/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh
or move this ipk package to tmp and apply this command in telnet
Code:
opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
The plugin needs libtorrent c++ library,the above script install the library to your stb either arm or mipsel but other some stb processors architecture may be not accept libtorrent.
also libtorrent needs some image requirement as updated lib6c library and openssl ,so in some outdated images may fail.
however the plugin tested with openvix,openatv and pure2 and all are updated and no problem with installing libtorrent.
if you have setup problem send the telnet setup log to the coder.

bazcfc1

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
torrentPlayer 1.1
fixed some bugs in first version

for setup by telnet copy and paste this script:

Code:
or move this ipk package to tmp and apply this command in telnet
Code:
opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
The plugin needs libtorrent c++ library,the above script install the library to your stb either arm or mipsel but other some stb processors architecture may be not accept libtorrent.
also libtorrent needs some image requirement as updated lib6c library and openssl ,so in some outdated images may fail.
however the plugin tested with openvix,openatv and pure2 and all are updated and no problem with installing libtorrent.
if you have setup problem send the telnet setup log to the coder.
May just have to get my box back out to try it out

moshibeth

TK Veteran
Anyone else used this plugin,Works great and allows you to download films and series not available on E2iplayer

Willo3092

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
Anyone else used this plugin,Works great and allows you to download films and series not available on E2iplayer

I've tried it on a Vu+ Duo 4K and an Octagon SF8008 running ViX and can't get it working on either of them.
The movie screen opens but unable to get into the sub menus.

1598636131852.png

Willo3092

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
Yify opens fine in a browser. After a full reboot there is a message saying that libtorrent is not installed, although the putty script seemed to indicate that it was downloading and installing.

I only tried it in a temporary moment of boredom though, it's not something I will ever use.

This is the log from /Root/tmp/torrentPlayer/torrentPlayer.log if anyone is interested:

date:2020-08-28 18:38:48.644755
box model:sf8008
image:OpenVix-5.3
Gstreamer version:1.17.0.1
python version:2.7.15
enigma version:oe2.0
torrentPlayer version:1.1 lastupdate:f280820201
addon:
*****None
pltools.py:returned data: Loading data...
pltools.py:returned data: Loading data...Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/torrentPlayer/screens/addonstart.py", line 78, in startaddon
ImportError: libtorrent-rasterbar.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

pltools.py:returned data: Libtorrent is not installed in your box,send /tmp/torrentPlayer/torrentPlayer.log file to the coder

majd88

Registered
Libtorrent is model cpu type specific i mean there types for cpu used with enigma boxes mainly arm,arch and mipsel ,i think yours is arch
However from picture in first post for you the libtorrent installed but something happaned after reboot and the libtorrent removed,this misbehavior occured with some images
Reinstallation again without full reboot will solve the problem

majd88

Registered
Enigma torrent is fantastic unique experience never seen ,in good internet setting and with external storage device you can stream 4k movies with very high quality without sluttering or intruptions ,this is impossible for the classical streaming we use,because 4k films has large size may be reach more than 30 gb for film,normal streaming will not able to cope with this size and also movies servers capacity with two to three films,while torrent is very fast in streaming and no server to upload movies.
This plugin is the only plugin for enigma and apply this technology,some difficulites in installing libtorrent for some boxes and some images but it is worth to try and see the result by yourself.

Willo3092

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
It didn't appear in the remove plugins list and neither did the libtorrent addon. Unless this is just a ViX issue :unsure:
5 minutes to reflash and restore so no biggie.

bacardi

Registered
ive installed this by script and ipk on two boxes and i ant get anything to appear in my plugin menu.

I have a et8500 and h92s, i must be stir crazy after lockdown. both running vix

dsayers2014

VIP Member
Tried ipk on my uno4k using vix 5.3.039 and on opening the plugin I was asked to update and chosen yes. After reboot and going to plugins I get the following error

1_0_19_EEA_7E8_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20200902163051.jpg

majd88

Registered
Thanks for feedback and for notifications
I am sorry there are problems with the server of the plugin ,so some files are disrupted.
now i am fixing it
but you can reinstall version 1.1 by telnet script again

Last edited:

bacardi

Registered
I flashed a h92s with vix yesterday and it failed. I’ve flashed it again with willow build vix today and it seems to have installed. I’ll try the et 8500 in a bit. Thanks