Toshiba TV strange behaviour

tim89

Hi everyone, for the past day my Toshiba tv has been doing something quite strange. We have a virgin media TiVo box, for which we use the remote to control the tv also.

When using either the tv remote or the virgin remote to change the volume, the tv switches off. Then a few seconds later it comes back on. The same also happens when pressing the home button on the tv remote.

The strange behaviour also happens when using the tv remote to switch the tv off - it doesn’t seem to want to stay off! Pressing the power button will turn the tv off, but it just comes back on again.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?

thanks!

Cant you reset the tv in the settings??.
Have been trying that. But to get into the settings I have to press the home button, which switches the TV off
It also appears pressing any of the directional navigation buttons on the tv remote also switch it off...

Simply reset your TV settings.
I would do, but as I mentioned in a previous reply I can’t get into the settings menu. Pressing the home button or any navigation button switches the tv off

Could be a power supply issue on the pcb in the tv, Toshiba tv’s are now made by vestel, have been for a good few years,
The power supply unit, (PSU), can be changed out, but it has to be the exact same type, vestel make tv’s for lots of named brands, PSU faults are not uncommon, along with failing led backlights,

I have simular thing but not with TV my sound bar remote controls my box for some reason if I go to turn sound bar off by remote my box turns out pmsl but could be the key mapping function on one remote operates different functions to TV so turns it off

Back