Total available storage space on your external 1TB or 2TB HDD?

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
For those of you who own either a 1TB and/or 2TB external hard drive, how much of total storage space is available on your external HDD?

I know windows tends to knock off some GB's of storage and want to know what total available storage that people have on HDD's this size?

Also which OS are you using to check this information?

Last but not least, the make and model of the HDD in question.

hi Dan
i can give you specs on 5 i have running on windows 7 and just from what it says on my computer
Seagate ST2000DL003 Barracuda Green 3.5-inch 2TB SATA 6 Gb/s Drive (64MB Buffer,5900RPM) shows as 1.81TB
Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB 32MB 5400RPM 3.5 Inch SATA-II Internal Hard Drive - 3 Year Warranty - OEM also shows as 1.81TB
Western Digital Elements 2 TB External Desktop Hard Drive (USB 2.0, Black) Western Digital Elements 2 TB External Desktop Hard Drive (USB 2.0, Black) also shows as 1.81TB
I also use 2 Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive - Black Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive - Black,but have them used on the internal of the computer as in i opened them up and fitted them to the internals of the comp,they both show up at 931GB
Hope this helps with the info you are requesting

That is brilliant sinno, cheers. (y)

Was just doing abit of research as to what kind of total available space I should be expecting if I go for a 1TB or 2TB hdd, that did the job. :)

Was looking at a WD My Passport 1TB earlier on today and quite interested in purchasing one.

Last edited:
Mine are all 1 TB's and i have seagates, im sure they are similar size to Sinnos at 931, but will look them up later this morning.
I also have a Buffalo 1TB and its showing 931 - its a few yrs old But will check the Seagate later as they are all the same. But sounds like the 1TB's give out 931

Last edited:
Back