'Total Security' Virus - Help

Evastar

TK Veteran
We have something called 'Total Security' which has appeared on my husband's profile on our pc, it is blocking most sites on IE and saying they are unsafe, including Techkings, i have to use FF to get on the net at all. Anyone know how to get rid of this, i have tried to uninstall it but it won't let me, even in the admin account?

I downloaded something called Spyware Doctor from pc tools, and it found it all right when it scanned the pc, but surprise surprise, then it said i had to register and pay before it would get rid of it. lol

I'll give malwarebytes a go, thanks SG8. I tried that earlier but it didn't get rid of it, but will try it following those instructions now.

Yeah, there are loads of them FREE SCAN programs around, but if you want them to fix anything they 'found' you have to pay. Most of the time what they 'found' is not there until you scan!!

Just had one similar to this on one of our shop pc's. I had to manually go in and start deleting files, removing registry entries, etc. to finally get it licked. It prevented opening any application. Quite the troublesome bugger.

Hope yours goes easier Eva. (y)

Keep us posted.

I got a proper copy of Spyware Doctor and it seems to have cleared it up :) I can start and use IE now anyway, for the first time in a week or so.

Back