TP Link and WiFi Extender Working Together?

Erinville

My friend has an Aiwaves over the air router because the broadband is poor in her area.
Her download speed is 14mbps.
Whoever installed the router connected a wired a TP Link to her router in her kitchen. (Both are in her kitchen)
She can watch IPTV in her kitchen using her T95 Max box.
But if she moves the T95 Max box to her living room she cannot get the IPTV to run wirelessly.
Both rooms are 20 to 25 feet apart.
She has now ordered a Netgear EX3700 WiFi Extender for her living room.
I'm wondering if the TP Link and the Netgear WiFi Extender could be paired with each other.

I'm no expert but typically wifi extenders are poor as they tend to decrease bandwidth and given the poor speeds to start off with IPTV may be unwatchable in the living room, wifi mesh will work better but will cost a bit more.

Problem with extenders is that in basic terms every time the connection is extended it will lose speed along the way. WiFi mesh is more sophisticated and this happens far less if that makes sense. If you can buy from Amazon and return then it's worth trying. As I said I'm no expert but this has been my experience on many occasions

Better use powerline adapters as they come by pair and will act as if it is wired since it uses the electricity of your house.
Make sure they come with at least 1000mbps

Better use powerline adapters as they come by pair and will act as if it is wired since it uses the electricity of your house.
Make sure they come with at least 1000mbps

Bloody idiot I am. Didn't know why I didn't suggest that. Just had it in my head wireless was key

Back