TP-Link TL-SF1005D Ethernet switch hub

100meg is plenty good for almost any home scenario , unless you are transferring big files between PCs on your own network.
Oh your 100% right but me personally id rather have a 1Gb switch then 100. No point having a 1Gb connection in your house and have 100Mbs switches ha. Also buying 1Gb switches is future proofing yourself for when you want to have a media server in your home.

Oh your 100% right but me personally id rather have a 1Gb switch then 100. No point having a 1Gb connection in your house and have 100Mbs switches ha. Also buying 1Gb switches is future proofing yourself for when you want to have a media server in your home.
Ah , ok , so you have 1G capability on your connected devices then also,?
Must be a really expensive network card you have in your PC.

What do you call a big file as i must check my switches to see what they are as transferring a movie to nas my picture freezes but can send to another box and no freezing.

My local store is doing the 1000 but 21 days OMG and available on prime in a week.

TP Link 1000Mbps 5 Port Desktop Switch - Black | TL-SG105 | D.I.D Electrical
Freezing isn't down to file size, purely speed of Tx, 100mwg us waaaay more than enough speed for a movie, so I'd say maybe your NAS is busy doing something else, maybe it's changing file type, and then it needs changed again to something else on your player.
People that NEED gigabit switches are the same people that NEED cat6 cable, ie: people that have no idea how this stuff actually works in the real world for home installs.

Changing file type hmm not sure on that one whats its file type , other nas has no issues but nearly full.

If one device is struggling but the other isn't I'd say it's either the physical drive at fault or the connection to it

Ah , ok , so you have 1G capability on your connected devices then also,?
Must be a really expensive network card you have in your PC.
No mate, 1Gb port on the motherboard. Don't get the full 1Gb obviously but get close sometimes 800 / 900 sometimes drops to 500 but that's just the line.

Freezing isn't down to file size, purely speed of Tx, 100mwg us waaaay more than enough speed for a movie, so I'd say maybe your NAS is busy doing something else, maybe it's changing file type, and then it needs changed again to something else on your player.
People that NEED gigabit switches are the same people that NEED cat6 cable, ie: people that have no idea how this stuff actually works in the real world for home installs.
If people have a 250Mb connection in there house, why bother picking up a 100Mb switch. Kinda bets the purpose of having a 250Mb connection Cat5e and Cat6 really comes down to the distance but if you were getting your home cabled why not use CAT6? Its future proofing.

The WIFI hub I has Gig ports on it. it gives off decent good wifi as per phone speed test. Does my phone need 800 - 900Mbs... Nope. absolutely not. Sure thats over kill BUT what i'm talking about is the 1Gb switch. If I had the option to pick up a 1Gb or 100Mb im gonna get the 1Gb cause that's what I want. Do I need it? Maybe not but id always like to future proof. As you said 100Mbs connection is well enough for a single person to use but there's enough people using the internet in my home so I got the 1Gb connection to share between them all.

The WIFI hub I has Gig ports on it. it gives off decent good wifi as per phone speed test. Does my phone need 800 - 900Mbs... Nope. absolutely not. Sure thats over kill BUT what i'm talking about is the 1Gb switch. If I had the option to pick up a 1Gb or 100Mb im gonna get the 1Gb cause that's what I want. Do I need it? Maybe not but id always like to future proof. As you said 100Mbs connection is well enough for a single person to use but there's enough people using the internet in my home so I got the 1Gb connection to share between them all.
But how many WIRED connections need more than 100mb?
Or 200mb as the device in question can provide

Back