Transfer Deadline Day 2020

Has been case for some years transfer deadline day isnt as enjoyable or thrilling and this year makes sense with everything that is going on.

Ye seems there will be a bit short there.

Seems they are concentrating on a goalie most of all.

But they do need another decent striker as backup to lewis.

Chris Smalling to Roma done. Hopefully now there's a bit of money in the coffers for United to get a couple of cut price loans over the line by 11pm.

Chris Smalling to Roma done. Hopefully now there's a bit of money in the coffers for United to get a couple of cut price loans over the line by 11pm.

Ye was on and off that transfer.

Doesnt matter who they bring in tbh if the structure at the club doesnt change and changing things in a big way in training and on the field.

These signings just masking their major problems.

Arsenal trigger Thomas Partey's £45m release clause.

Seems a good player and good signing which will strengthen arsenal even more. Still feel their defence is still their weak link.

I just wish clubs would go back to the ways of bringing in home grown players through the academy instead of buy, buy, buy. Clubs buying players from all over the world hoping to make a team doesnt necessarily mean success. Thats why the lower league footie interests me more - its less of a fantasy league competition.

I just wish clubs would go back to the ways of bringing in home grown players through the academy instead of buy, buy, buy. Clubs buying players from all over the world hoping to make a team doesnt necessarily mean success. Thats why the lower league footie interests me more - its less of a fantasy league competition.

I also wish that would be the case with clubs in the premier league, but its a results based business. In their minds training and developing young players from the academy is too risky and too time consuming. They want instant game changing signings with experience and reputation, it applies to the big clubs and also smaller clubs in the premier league. Its a sad state of affairs tbh but sadly thats where football has gone.

I also wish that would be the case with clubs in the premier league, but its a results based business. In their minds training and developing young players from the academy is too risky and too time consuming. They want instant game changing signings with experience and reputation, it applies to the big clubs and also smaller clubs in the premier league. Its a sad state of affairs tbh but sadly thats where football has gone.
Totally agree mate - and you sum it up perfectly by saying 'sadly'.

Good transfer window for Arsenal, finally managed to strengthen in the areas needed...a sold 8/10. Everton have done very well for me, as have and I hate mentioning the name spurs...Man Yoo - definately panic buying, reminds me of when we got 3 players on deadline day, many years back!

Everton playing very well, its going to be an interesting season especially with covid, Liverpool lost mane and went to complete shit the weekend losing 7-2 who would of thought that lol, if teams lose players due to covid it could be very interesting.

Yep already most unpredictable season and could see it being the most open for many years. Without fans also no team has an advantage.

Back