Tree local council

Just trim it down councils are useless I asked about a conifer in front of our house as our house is a new build they said nothing they can do even tho it was literally dead lol.
I even explained that it was obstructing for our disabled kids still said no day after it was cut down by me and a mate came and disposed of it even sent them pictures of it cut down had no reply back for them in over 6 months

If you are a council tenant you just need to let your Council know that it is blocking out the light to your house/property/room, and that you are always in Darkness (wether you are or not), everyone is entitled to light, and if a tree is blocking this then your council should remove the obstruction, without question. They will have an Arbourer contact to do this.
People do not have a right to light.......the council will not act unless there is a health & safety risk & that will be something you have to bring to their attention & they decide whether a risk assessment is required. Also, check online to see if there is a TPO to consider. If the offending tree encroaches on to your property, you are within your rights to cut back overhanging branches but none past your property border.......also, be aware that if your "trimming" causes any destabilisation of the tree, any associated damage or risk, you will be legally liable. Better to move your dish......be aware that line of sight for an offset dish, is not direct.

Back