Triax multiblock lnb holder

Hi cokeaddict,after being very frustrated setting up one of these triax multiholders in the past,I am convinced
that they are geared more towards the central european market,just like monoblock lnbs.They work very well
when adapted to suit the location they are used in.I replaced an old zone 2 sky dish about 2 years ago after
the arm fell off due to rust,with a triax type 65cm dish and used a triax multiholder.I,m in Dublin by the way.
I tried and failed to get 16e in the centre,might have more luck if more southerly though.I have it set up sweet
with 19.2e in centre and 13e,9e and 28.2e.You will have to drill the bracket about 50mm off centre away
from the original hole and swing the bracket upwards to the left.This works well for me in
all weathers.Pictures explain it better.Thats a home made bracket in the middle,made from scrap alu sheet.
You can make out the original hole in pics.Cheers

Attachments

• 1265912d-f0e7-4cf3-ac6f-06ac4240992f.JPG
    1265912d-f0e7-4cf3-ac6f-06ac4240992f.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 14019256-81b5-4d6c-bccc-9bbcec3fb6d1.JPG
    14019256-81b5-4d6c-bccc-9bbcec3fb6d1.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Hi cokeaddict,after being very frustrated setting up one of these triax multiholders in the past,I am convinced
that they are geared more towards the central european market,just like monoblock lnbs.They work very well
when adapted to suit the location they are used in.I replaced an old zone 2 sky dish about 2 years ago after
the arm fell off due to rust,with a triax type 65cm dish and used a triax multiholder.I,m in Dublin by the way.
I tried and failed to get 16e in the centre,might have more luck if more southerly though.I have it set up sweet
with 19.2e in centre and 13e,9e and 28.2e.You will have to drill the bracket about 50mm off centre in the
opposite direction to the original hole and swing the bracket upwards to the left.This works well for me in
all weathers.Pictures explain it better.Thats a home made bracket in the middle,made from scrap alu sheet.
You can make out the original hole in pics.Cheers
It would be great if I had a flat roof or the dish was at ground level, then I could really play with it and probably do something similar to what you have there.

Sadly though, the dish is on a pole above the gutter level and i'm really not good with ladders (don't mind heights, just hate ladders), so have to rely on the father in law to make the adjustments for me.

16east is very low responsive transponder Had isues from my location in the past As for modifying the T.D bracket never had to do that
Was able to receive 19.2E 23.5 E 28.2 East 13East with good s.n.r Have you considered
using bullet l.n.bs might help you achieve better
s.n.r on the transponders

16east is strong now but I don't know if the OP has turned the holder upside down and it depends on, cables. size of dish, LNB's and receiver. I have the holder and 3 bullet lnb's never used in the shed. I would always use either a 1m or 1.10m dish. Its so fiddly I gave up and went motorised. I think I used furniture polish to make the lnbs glide, ahh those were the days:LOL:

Back