Trying to install a plugin and need some help please...

Hi,

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I'm a bit stuck.

I'm getting a new IPTV provider and I need to visit a particular URL to download their file, and then install it onto my box.

However, I can't seem to find a plugin for a web browser. Is there one?

Failing that I have an FTP connection to the Zgemma box, so could download the file from my computer and then transfer it over, but which folder would I put it in and then how would I install it?

Many thanks.

Or to put it simply, how do I install a file onto my ZGemma H2S box?

I have the file on my computer and need to transfer it to my box and then install it.

Thanks again.

your provider probably has an ipk file you need to download, ftp this ipk file to the /tmp folder on your box and then blue button -> Plugins ->IPK Installer

Thank you.

Blue Button > Plugins > IPK Installer was what I was struggling to find, so many thanks for that.

I've already transferred the file into the tmp folder via FTP, but when I go to the IPK Installer, I get three options: DataTraveller 3.0, Internal flash, and finally Memory tmp (which I assume is the correct one).

However, I just get a message saying 'No displayable files on this medium found' for all three.

Any ideas for what I can try next?

Thanks again.

try ftp it to /media/hdd and then select DataTraveller 3.0 in the ipk installer

Thanks, but I get an error when I try to upload it to that folder:
Error: Critical file transfer error after transferring 327,680 bytes in 1 second

I also tried to put the file on a USB and into the box, but I'm still getting the error: 'No displayable files on this medium found'.

Is there anything else I can try? I'm using a Mac so maybe I can run something through a command line?

Again, really appreciate your help.

if you want to keep the ipk ready for installing again should something go wrong down the line then do as grog68 says & place the ipk on your hdd (data traveller 3.0).
If you are wanting to install it threw temp then ftp the ipk to: var/volatile/tmp

to install it: blue button/Plugins/IPK Installer then select where you placed it (data traveller or memory-temp.
place a tick/checkmark in the box next to the ipk & press green to install

Last edited:
if you want to keep the ipk ready for installing again should something go wrong down the line then do as grog68 says & place the ipk on your hdd (data traveller 3.0).
If you are wanting to install it threw temp then ftp the ipk to: var/volatile/temp

to install it: blue button/Plugins/IPK Installer then select where you placed it (data traveller or memory-temp.
place a tick/checkmark in the box next to the ipk & press green to install

Thanks but the issue I'm having is that I am getting a 'Critical file transfer error' when trying to upload the file into the hdd folder. When I add it to the tmp folder, it will not recognise it when I go try to use the IPK Installer.

are you adding it to temp or var/volatile/tmp
is the file an .ipk as you shouldnt be getting a critical error

Ahhhh, I've just noticed that the file I've been asked to upload is an APK file (so not IPK). Many apologies for not spotting this earlier.

I'm guessing this is why it isn't working? Maybe this means there isn't a way to install this on the ZGemma box?

are you adding it to temp or var/volatile/tmp
is the file an .ipk as you shouldnt be getting a critical error
the /tmp and /var/volatile/tmp folders are they same folder, so it doesn't matter which you upload to.

I have been sent both apk & ipk by providers in the past but only installed the .ipk
I'd ask your provider to send as .ipk

Ahhhh, I've just noticed that the file I've been asked to upload is an APK file (so not IPK). Many apologies for not spotting this earlier.

I'm guessing this is why it isn't working? Maybe this means there isn't a way to install this on the ZGemma box?
AH, APK will not install on these boxes, APK is for android devices

AH, APK will not install on these boxes, APK is for android devices

Again many thanks for the info'. I suppose I'll have to ask the provider if they have an IPK file or just install the software on my PS4 (providing that is compatible with APK).

Back