Trying to reflash with OpenATV 6.2

Thanks guys but still ain't happening. Used the 3 sticks, tried 2 power leads reformatted with the utility too. Pulled out ethernet which didn't make a difference either. Time to go box shopping?

after flashing the box will reboot up to 49 then it will wait for user input...its waiting for you to enter the screen resolution etc on your TV screen

just to recap/check... you have a USB that will FLSH when inserted (correctly low level formatted with correct files/image for the make/model of box)?

Try connecting to another TV & use another hdmi lead if possible, I have seen this with a couple of well-used systems, they couldn't be brought back to life without sending them back to the manufacturer for repair but as the warranty had lapsed it was almost as cheap to replace the units so that's what I did

you can FLSH from the front port but the default is the rear USB, remove any other drives that are connected... with the flash USB in the rear port, power the box on via the rear power switch on the box (the base ATV image is by default a noforce image so either edit the file name noforce to force & save or press the front power button to start the FLSH process).

you can FLSH from the front port but the default is the rear USB, remove any other drives that are connected... with the flash USB in the rear port, power the box on via the rear power switch on the box (the base ATV image is by default a noforce image so either edit the file name noforce to force & save or press the front power button to start the FLSH process).
Never knew that I've always said rear USB by default lol

Cheers guys. It is pretty strange. Been flashing these boxes for years with no issues. Tried all of the tips here. Will give it a another try tonight. Been at it for hours!

Have you tried to flash another image, then trying atv again
May not do anything but worth a try

Says flash first then starts booting until 49

Ok, I've read the thread and maybe I missed it but I don't think I have.
Roughly how long is "FLSH" displayed for on the front before it attempts to reboot ?
It varies, depending on the speed of the USB drive but 90 - 120+ secs. would be a good guide for a full flash.

Some progress...I think. Formatting a 4th usb and tried the front port. Box flashed past 49 and now frozen on 00?!

While its flashing the H2S does not display a counter, it just says "FLSH" .
Then goes to "Boot", remove the USB used to flash at this stage.

Remember the smaller the size of the USB drive the better. 4GB is ideal. What size have you been using?

I suspect its not flashing anything.

Last edited:
Ok, I've read the thread and maybe I missed it but I don't think I have.
Roughly how long is "FLSH" displayed for on the front before it attempts to reboot ?
It varies, depending on the speed of the USB drive but 90 - 120+ secs. would be a good guide for a full flash.

It's at least a minute I reckon...

While its flashing the H2S does not display a counter, it just says "FLSH" .
Then goes to "Boot", remove the USB used to flash at this stage.

Yep, says flsh for abit then boots up to 49.

Remember the smaller the size of the USB drive the better. 4GB is ideal. What size have you been using?

1GB, 8GB X2 and a 64GB!

I suspect its not flashing anything.

It's at least a minute I reckon...
Yep, says flsh for abit then boots up to 49.

This is important, a minute is too short and how long is a "bit" ? :smiley:

As I said I don't think it is completing any flash hence not booting correctly.
Stick with the 1 or the 8 GB.

from the above, it looks as if the box is being flashed although a H2S displays FLSH for 2 to 3 mins before it reboots (depending on image used & size).
try disconnecting all leads then reconnect ONLY the power supply & hdmi then reflash... If you hit the same problem change the hdmi lead then change the power supply... IF issue remains unchanged after swapping both your system may not be sending a signal through the hdmi which suggests a system board fault

Last edited:
Back