Tune Failed Issues AGAIN?

the wire is loose in the LNB you have 3 options
A) pay the £100 for someone to fix it you was quoted
B) order a tv package from sky and cancel it (I done this it cost me my monthly bill divided by how many days I had the service live before I cancelled so 1 day about £1)
C) use your neighbour ladders and get up their to take a look

until you do one of the following options I don't think their is much more we can do as a community to help you besides some one making a round trip to yours at their expense to fix your issue

good luckemoji_clap

Can someone clear this up for me,he was advised to get sky out and get new cables and dish,why would they leave up a new install if cancelled within a time limit and have fitted either a sky q lnb for 1 room or a hybrid lnb with cables to a second room.

Can someone clear this up for me,he was advised to get sky out and get new cables and dish,why would they leave up a new install if cancelled within a time limit and have fitted either a sky q lnb for 1 room or a hybrid lnb with cables to a second room.
their is usually an instillation charge but when they run offers they waive this. it covers the price of the dish, LNB, etc. when ours was done openreach was sent out to install BT landline, then sly fitted the dish and installed tv and internet. the next day I cancelled tv few days later someone picked the box up

@liamt, it is not necessarily a loose wire. Some LNBs have a fault in that they will switch low to high without a problem, but won't switch the other way round. He has already mentioned ABM fails to operate. So he is not getting 11778 Vertical. So he will never get CrossEPG to work. That frequency is pan european and has not changed for at least 15 years.

With regards to Sky removing dish, this is not true. As mentioned earlier, it costs them money to send someone. They just ask you to send their receiver back. They leave everything in place. If you think about it, if they remove it, they have to fix the holes they made. There is currently a one off charge of £20, which you wont get back. At other times, there is no charge.

If you tell them you have you have Freesat receiver before they book appointment, they will come with a Hybrid LNB. There is no need to mention Enigma2 receivers. I suppose best thing is for the OP to speak to one of the Sky sellers at markets/shopping malls and he can ask as mush as he wants.

I am afraid most people on these forums are addicted to helping others. So you will always get someone trying to help.

I don't think closing the thread will help, he will just start another. Best thing is not to respond if you don't want to or think your efforts will be wasted . No need need to be abusive.

Last edited:
You dont have a conscious or a soul do you? If you did you would NOT be talking out of your backside and spouting complete and utter crap.

I dont know what script I am following exactly?

Yes I admit I have made similar threads asking alot of questions, maybe I should have stuck to one thread. But I aint trolling intentionally unlike you stating the same old crap about me.

So I am making everything up am I?

How about this MATE, come down where I am and you can see issues I am and have experienced.

Never said I have no money at all, I stated numerous times I am seriously struggling financially so I cant afford much including paying engineers to come out. Big difference in me saying "I have no money",

Come and see my medical history and reports from last 5 years. I have suffered from serious mental health issues for many years and along with physical issues over the years which lost my job.

Yes dad had a procedure done recently and have other members who have been ill. Do you want evidence MATE?

Yes the house I live in sometimes by myself was burgled when I was in hospital. What evidence do you need of that?

In terms of sky coming to fit the dish and cable there was numerous posts I have read on other forums that sky dont put the correct LNB for the enigma box to work from it despite requests. So yes I didnt go down that route as would be a hassle being stuck with a wrong lnb that doesnt work with box.

I cant win can I, if I am trying to go through the threads and go step by step to get to the source of problem I get abuse from the person and false assumptions being made.

I dont even know you so how the hell am I am going to hate you? Doesnt make sense does it. What I hate is the false assumptions being made against me.

I have requested on here for mods/admins to close the thread and other similar ones to prevent any other issues. That isnt a problem for me. Just find another way somehow. Beats dealing with types of people like you anyway.

It would have been quite simple to start with if you had accepted the help you was offered, then there would have been none of this crap. My grandson and myself would have travelled down to sort it out when offered in other thread.

Back