Tune failed like no other..

nuts00

I have a skybox f5s set up in one room, and Ibox 2 se set up in another running off 2 different providers. All was working perfect until a few weeks ago. However now i am having issues with the ibox and pretty much running out of ideas.

Usually, tune failed would imply ether there is an issue with my provider, network, or satellite cable.

Provider - I played havoc to my provider and he didnt have an answer to me. However i suspected his line was good as my parents use his line and its perfect. This has now been supported by the fact that i have now tried the line in my skybox and it works fine.

Network - My ibox has been set up with a wifi dongle, and a wifi hotspot extender nearby. like i said, worked perfect in the past. However, since these problems, i have also tested with the powerline adapter which i use in the skybox. Still no joy.

Satellite cable - I wouldnt be suprised if this is the issue, i had a gardener in whom accidentally cut through the cable which he didnt realise was in use. Since then there has been problems, but i think this is merely coincidence. Because i replaced the whole line with a new cable. Furthermore, the freeview channels work fine. No signal loss, it is just the sky channels saying "tune failed".

I have also found that when trying to resolve the issue, if i put an channel on the ibox, even if it is bbc, the skybox in the different room with start glitching until i change channel on the ibox. This might be a clue to someone ?

I have done numerous scans and it is picking up over 1000 channels, great, but most simply dont work.

I have a quad LNB which has been good for 6 months up until now.
Would reflashing work? do you think i am connecting to the wrong satellite, if so how do i change which satellite to search.

I just find it all a bit random how the same setup can out of the blue start causing issues.

Any help is much appreciated

UPDATE: Reflash got everything working again perfectly, except my wireless dongle.

I brought it originally from ebay and it simply plugged in the USB and worked straight away. No however it doesnt light up to say it is connected. Presumably the drivers have been lost, and looking on the net it seems as simple as going to plugins and "download plugins. However when i click download plugins nothing appears.

So it looks like i have to manually install the drivers using DCC, does anyone know where i would put them?

homeplugs or hard wired and i will never use wifi,maybe box and router need powering off then on?

Back