Tune Failed

Tried IPTV on the box with bouqets etc last year with the plugin (forgot the name of it) and trust me mate they struggled to use it. HAd to change channels for them to get to what they wanted lol.

I honestly dont believe its the dish or signal being blocked from trees. Just these guys wanting more money and just saying change everything.
I have mine set up exactly like sky with the sat channels and iptv in one section,You cannot even tell its iptv or satellite,My mrs thinks it all satellite and her friends ask how we have so many channels so i tell her its the motorized dish (silly mare) and she is a teacher :ROFLMAO:

Can you get access to your dish from a ladder mate, I guarantee we could walk you threw it unless it needs moved. Sometimes in really bad winds the dish can misalign (has been good weather so doubt it. You can literally replace the lnb in 2 seconds and twist the new wires in. Also do you have any other satellite connections in your house. Sometimes a wire can come loose or get water in it. Again ruling out the dish needing moved. I paid 70 quid for a full install, dish and all. Don't get done in mate

Can you get access to your dish from a ladder mate, I guarantee we could walk you threw it unless it needs moved. Sometimes in really bad winds the dish can misalign (has been good weather so doubt it. You can literally replace the lnb in 2 seconds and twist the new wires in. Also do you have any other satellite connections in your house. Sometimes a wire can come loose or get water in it. Again ruling out the dish needing moved. I paid 70 quid for a full install, dish and all. Don't get done in mate

Unfortunately mate can't get hold of a long enough ladder.

Even if I could won't be possible with vertigo I have. Get dizzy spells and headaches if standing for too long same with any climbing of any sort.

Wish could get it done myself be much less that's for sure.

If this guy says dish also needs to be moved because of trees then will just leave it altogether.

I am sure I read signal of dish doesn't go straight but 90 degree angle.

I'm installer myself if I lived near you I would fix your installation .If you need l.n.b I can send you one

Cheers for kind offer mate

Seems most live missions away from me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So new guy came.and he said dish is live and said he was getting a signal. LNB not faulty. Nothing about tress being in the way.

He wanted to come.in the house to do tests but like others I refused as been told my brother and family doctor no one is allowed in the house under any circumstance.

So he just left after that. Don't understand what needs to be tested in the house. Both boxes I tested said to him showed no signal.

Don't understand how can't be no fault outside. Box I recently thought.wasn't at fault as same issue occurred on skybox f5

Damm it!!!!

Has to check the wires, if he's getting a connection at the lnb then it's 100% the wires. He has to double check it then remove and install new ones. All which need access for testing. You can buy disposible gloves and a mask for him to put on before he enters and keep your 2 meter distance from him. Also open windows. As soon as hes gone go on a cleaning frenzy. Job done

But he said nothing wrong with dish or lnb as was getting signal. I saw him testing with his own meter and an orange cable in the lnb.

Would he had checked the box/tuners also or just the cables/connectors in the house?

I honestly dont know what to do as I dont want to go against advice and risk health by letting anyone in just for the sat issue.

Has to check the wires, if he's getting a connection at the lnb then it's 100% the wires. He has to double check it then remove and install new ones. All which need access for testing. You can buy disposible gloves and a mask for him to put on before he enters and keep your 2 meter distance from him. Also open windows. As soon as hes gone go on a cleaning frenzy. Job done

He was wearing mask and gloves anyway but didnt feel comfortable letting him in the house still.

His meter would show this
If cable faulted

But he stated signal to lnb and dish is fine. Asked if lnb is faulty he said no but then said not 100% sure fault unless he comes inside to test.

Could I hide the box or does he need to test box/tuners as well?

Have you old sky box connect it and
Tell him you use it for freesat as your t.v areil
Is broke
If you had new length of cable You could have
Connected to your l.n.b Then your reciever
To rule out cable breakdown

He needs to run new cables to the box and check at the f connector and when on box see your tuners work,you can stop your cam so encrypted wont work.

I dont have legit sky box.

I just told him have technomate box got a bit suspicious.

He needs to run new cables to the box and check at the f connector and when on box see your tuners work,you can stop your cam so encrypted wont work.

HE didnt say anything about running new cables.

I could check the cables on the box myself inside and pull the cables outside for him to check.

They dont care what box you have and on 28.2 there is not alot to view

Yes that could work pull your cables outside and he could check there,how much would he charge for fitting new cables up on lnb down to outside and you refit inside with new connectors.

What you should have done was disconnect the cable from the box and put it through window to allow him to connect the meter to it and then if a fault was found then it would have narrowed it down to the cable being faulty or the connector on the end etc therefore no need to enter the property etc (y)

If they only need to check the incoming cables/f connectors I can unscrew them and take it through the hole in the wall.

If need to put cables in tuners to check I can do that myself via manual scan etc.

What you should have done was disconnect the cable from the box and put it through window to allow him to connect the meter to it and then if a fault was found then it would have narrowed it down to the cable being faulty or the connector on the end etc therefore no need to enter the property etc (y)

I realised that too late when he left.

My stupid brain blanked out. :ROFLMAO:

My option would be to pay him to run new wire regardless. Tell him to check its working by coax before feeding it into the house. Start a quick scan and pay the man

Back