Tune Failed

Software on box itself would not cause tune failed. Trying to tune to a dead channel or one you can't receive would.

If he is trying to tune to a dead channel stored on his receiver, he is going to get a false positive at the other place. To prevent this, best he updates satellites.xml, removes channels and rescans. (I did not say bouquets.)

That doesn't prove a thing unless he checks all the transponders. You could have reception on certain transponders but not others.

Better to perform a scan (Don't use ABM or AB 28.2). If he gets 900+ services, alignment and LNB are OK. Going by his previous threads, I doubt he will get this at his place.

I suppose he should try this test at his cousin's place to confirm his receiver is fine.

The power supply is another variable.

Did manage to get box tested at cousins place in evening today. Tested for few hours but had no tune failed message crop up at his place. So does that mean likely not tuners/box issue?

Got home short while ago put it all on and any channel that comes on after a bit picture just breaks up completely and says tune failed.

What I am going to do next (doubt make much difference though) is do complete reflash of box on latest VIX firmware whatever that is atm. Now if after reflashing on latest firmware I still get tune failed would that likely mean dish, lnb or feeds are faulty then? I cant see all three being faulty.

If worked fine at relations house then not box or image mate looks like it's your cables mate you could try stripping the cable back in your home and re doing it then connect back into your box if not may need new cable running

It is not your Box/Image at fault. All three of your threads about this issue points to a dish/cabling/LNB fault. Best you invest your energies looking at those.

Vix no longer support your box. Use ATV if you want latest image.

@bazcfc1, with all due respect, I don't think stripping cable back will help. Cable has damage outside and water has entered it. (rubbed againg corner of brick, top of roof apex etc.) As you pointed out, he gets these problems after spells of bad weather.

Last edited:
It is not your Box/Image at fault. All three of your threads about this issue points to a dish/cabling/LNB fault. Best you invest your energies looking at those.

Vix no longer support your box. Use ATV if you want latest image.

@bazcfc1, with all due respect, I don't think stripping cable back will help. Cable has damage outside and water has entered it. (rubbed againg corner of brick, top of roof apex etc.) As you pointed out, he gets these problems after spells of bad weather.

Seriously so there is no latest update for VIX on my box any reason why?

That sucks tbh. As been used to VIX for years.

L.n.b fault
Sky l.n.bs are cheap they only last about 5 years if your lucky
It only takes 5 minutes to replace one
Let me know if it is the push in adaptor type
Or clip on have loads in my garage Will send you one check your cable and connections first

You dont reckon dish or cables are faulty but more likely LNB?

Connectors are really tight on box.

Also have checked few days ago and cant see cables outside being split.

How long is the cable run from dish to receiver?

How high is dish?

Does cabling go over roof?

Is cabling tacked/clipped to wall all along?

Can you reach dish safely?

The advice you need to follow has been posted already. If you keep doubting everyone, this thread is going to become like the other two.

I'm not sure how I'm doubting anyone.
Not sure how long cable run is.

Dish is on side of the house ans cabling only come down from the brick wall.

Yes it is clipped and no it's no easily accessible.

For my peace of my mind I want to reflash. Been so long didn't realise vix no longer is supporting the box which is a shame but guess old boxes are no longer the priority.
With how used to I have been with vix how exactly do i install ATV? I went on their website but it's in another language.

If cable does not go over corners/roof, then cable damage is less likely to be cause of problem. But get the cable inspected anyway.

More likely to be alignment/skew or LNB fault.

Start a different thread for your flashing issue. You don't want to complicate this thread.

Like all other threads he wants a 'click this, press that' resolution
Like most of the others this isn't possible
Mods are aware of the bizzare needs of the op, probably easier to ignore as there is no possibility of a satisfactory outcome.
You can offer to buy new box , dish, cables and line and install for free and it's not enough.
Loony

Like all other threads he wants a 'click this, press that' resolution
Like most of the others this isn't possible
Mods are aware of the bizzare needs of the op, probably easier to ignore as there is no possibility of a satisfactory outcome.
You can offer to buy new box , dish, cables and line and install for free and it's not enough.
Loony

Not sure what you mean by bizarre needs.

Never asked for free boxes or satellite setup so stop with your rubbish.

Trolling as usual.

People like you are who makes my blood boil with trolling and putting me down at every turn you can get.

@wheelo please just close this and the other tune failed threads please. I will find some other way if I can to fix this issue.

Good luck with getting this fixed. Remember, you must find more than 900 channels when scanning 28.2 if everything is fine.

Do not use plugins like ABM or AB 28.2. In the scanning options, you must not enable the network scan either.

Good luck with getting this fixed. Remember, you must find more than 900 channels when scanning 28.2 if everything is fine.

Do not use plugins like ABM or AB 28.2. In the scanning options, you must not enable the network scan either.

Not sure what you mean by scanning as I only have used ABM scan before.

Menu , Setup, tuners/scanning (service searching on older images), manual scan.

select single satellite, complete, do not enable network scan.

If you don't say anything contrary, we will assume you have found it.

Last edited:
Menu , Setup, tuners/scanning (service searching on older images, manual scan.

select single satellite, complete, do not enable network scan.

If you don't say anything contrary, we will assume you have found it.

Ye I know where that is.

So i assume you want me to scan when applied new image?

No, I had said try the scan at your cousin's. I even posted same thing in your other threads.

Do it in whichever order you want. Before or after flashing image, it doesn't matter. You will get more or less same result because you have a fault that is nothing to do with receiver or image.

It will be good to know the number of channels your scan finds.

I should add, ATV menu is called "Reception" not tuners/scanning or service searching.

After flashing to ATV latest image and doing manual scan for short while channels worked but then tune failed occured again. So even with latest image still same issue.

Found my old sly+ box but that doesnt power up anymore. Luckily came across the skyboxF5 box had before the TM. Been long time since used it, it only requires one sat feed into right? Also do I need latest channel list for it as remember you required that years ago?

Want to test the F5 box and rule out if box or not which will then just leave it being outside issues.

Back