Tuner scan not getting all channels and ABM error 'timeout for tuner lock'

d4y

Hi guys,

Having a bit of trouble with my VU Duo picking up channels on my new sky dish. (VIX image, 28.2e)

I have moved house and Sly have installed a brand new dish, the Sky Q box is working fine and picking up all channels, however when replacing it with my own VU Duo I couldn't view channels so did a automatic scan and its picked up only 86 channels, when trying to use ABM I get the error 'timeout for tuner lock'.

Tried at another house and it still works fine, so believe tuners are setup correctly in the settings. Tried changing various settings including disabling tuner 2 but still only get the same 86 channels.

The sky engineer commented that he could only just get signal due to the facing of my house but I assume that as I am getting the channels on the Sky Q it should be fine on the Duo?

Any help at all would be great, Thanks

I'm having the same problem, recently had SlyQ fitted, the channels on the Sly box work perfect but I can only scan 106 channels on 2 Zgemma's a friend scanned them for me no problem, but they do not work with the Sly dish on my setup, sly was fitted at the beginning of January 2017.

I'm having the same problem, recently had SlyQ fitted, the channels on the Sly box work perfect but I can only scan 106 channels on 2 Zgemma's a friend scanned them for me no problem, but they do not work with the Sly dish on my setup, sly was fitted at the beginningof January 2017.

Sorry yeah, I've found out why now, it's Sky fitting a new type of LNB when they install Sky Q. They use a new wideband LNB which won't work with the old boxes.

When ordering Sky you need to specifically request a 'Hybrid LNB' and say you also use freesat. You can get a hybrid on ebay and fit yourself, or get one fitted by a local sat company.

Sky Q uses new LNBs to allow recording more channels, its also a ploy to stop people leaving them after 12 months as you cannot use the sat dish with any other sat box...sneaky

Back