Satellite Tuner setup information

Carnin

My Zgemma h7s can’t find the free view terrestrial channels coming from Brougher Mountain. Can anyone please advise what tuner settings I need.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Carnin

Have you setup freeview in autobouquetmaker or autobouquets plugins?
Thanks for your reply. Yes. It's set for Brougher Mountain.
The notice on screen suggests to check if tuner is correctly configured and if I can receive the specified frequency. I can receive the channels on the tv so I assume I can receive the frequencies. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks for your reply. Yes. It's set for Brougher Mountain.
The notice on screen suggests to check if tuner is correctly configured and if I can receive the specified frequency. I can receive the channels on the tv so I assume I can receive the frequencies. Any suggestions appreciated.
Is the TV aerial cable plugged into the correct DVB-T tuner on the box?
Go into tuner configuration and check to see that the correct tuner is being used for freeview

in tuner C, being enabled isn't enough, it's either set to Cable or Terrestrial as it's a DVB-C/T tuner
if it's set to Cable you won't recieve anything through it unless you use virgin media cable
if you want it set to T for freeview you have to change the settings accordingly in the tuner settings
uploading a picture of what you have on screen would save several hours

Tuner config, scanning (various options), using ABM are all different items.

If you are using ABM, use the frequency finder applet within ABM. It will create another ABM provider be for you.

How many signal input s/connections does the receiver have. Have you hooked up the aerial wire to the all the connections on the receiver? Take a picture of the connections at back of receiver and upload/attach it here.

As above, upload screenshot of all the tuner configuration. On ATV, you can only see one mode at a time. So you will have to change from DVBC to DVBT to see what it's configured as

Last edited:
in tuner C, being enabled isn't enough, it's either set to Cable or Terrestrial as it's a DVB-C/T tuner
if it's set to Cable you won't recieve anything through it unless you use virgin media cable
if you want it set to T for freeview you have to change the settings accordingly in the tuner settings
uploading a picture of what you have on screen would save several hours
20191220_131326.jpg

How many signal input s/connections does the receiver have. Have you hooked up the aerial wire to the all the connections on the receiver? Take a picture of the connections at back of receiver and upload/attach it here.

As above, upload screenshot of all the tuner configuration. On ATV, you can only see one mode at a time. So you will have to change from DVBC to DVBT to see what it's configured as
Just one input

Do the following please.

Channel up, reception, highlight terrestrial, menu, remove terrestrial services. Confirm restart.
After restart, perform a manual scan of tuner C, Provider, complete, no to network, Do not use ABM.
After scanning is complete, restart. Transfer lamedb to your PC, you will find it in /etc/enigma2. Zip/rar it then attach to forum.
After that, the next thing is to use frequency finder in ABM. Please ensure you attach lamedb before you do this step.

EDIT:
Your tuner configuration is correct. Not all masts are listed in terrestrial.xml. The one for Europe or UK- All regions is fine for most people. The clash regions are listed.

Switchable hybrid tuners can work in both modes. You can use a combiner and configure both modes. On OpenATV you can only see one mode, Vix/PLI shows you both modes. So, disable the mode you are not using.

To perform a scan on ATV,
Menu > Setup > Reception > Manual Scan
Tuner: Change the tuner using left/right so that your Terrestrial one is selected
Type of scan: Complete
Network Scan: No
Clear before scan: No

Attachments

• Scan  Terrestrial OpenATV.jpg
    Scan Terrestrial OpenATV.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Do the following please.

Channel up, reception, highlight terrestrial, menu, remove terrestrial services. Confirm restart.

After restart, perform a manual scan of tuner C, Provider, complete, no to network, Do not use ABM.

After scanning is complete, restart. Transfer lamedb to your PC, you will find it in /etc/enigma2. Zip/rar it then attach to forum.

After that, the next thing is to use frequency finder in ABM. Please ensure you attach lamedb before you do this step.
Thanks Abu. It will be late tonight when I get back to it.
But please explain your first line
Do the following please.

EDIT:
Your tuner configuration is correct. Not all masts are listed in terrestrial.xml. The one for Europe or UK- All regions is fine for most people. The clash regions are listed.

Switchable hybrid tuners can work in both modes. You can use a combiner and configure both modes. On OpenATV you can only see one mode, Vix/PLI shows you both modes. So, disable the mode you are not using.

To perform a scan on ATV,
Menu > Setup > Reception > Manual Scan
Tuner: Change the tuner using left/right so that your Terrestrial one is selected
Type of scan: Complete
Network Scan: No
Clear before scan: No
Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for your help and advice. Following Abu's post I "updated provider files". (I hadn't noticed that option before.)
And hey presto success. I gather my box had incorrect frequencies for Brougher Mountain.
Wishing you all compliments of the season and a very happy, peaceful and successful New Year.
Keep up the good work.

Back