[TUT] Streaming Media from a PC > Zgemma

Hi Eejit.thanks for the reply . I've managed to sort it out i done a re flash and it recognised my drive in the network browser i then mounted it from there . I've also set it up through my android box/kodi i think works very well through that. It let's you had fan art to films on you kodi setup.

I followed this guide, I got no X showing. I get an error every time I try to open the shared folder on the box.
Any idea why this is happening? Is there a plugin that works better that I could try?

I have struggled for several days to get this to work and finally came up with this-

On the my Zgemma H.2S I have gone into the Mount Manager and "Add a new mount point" with following settings:

Mount Using: FSTAB
Active: enable
Local name: Movies - (This can be anything)
Mount Type: CIFS share
Server IP address: 192.168.1.6
Server share: /Movies - (Movies is the share name of my folder that is in the root)
Use as replacement HDD: no
Mount option: rw
Username: server
Password: password

I also have two other mounts which are identical except for below:
Local name: TV
Server share: /TV

Local name: Music
Server share: /Music

My PC hard drive set up

/
- Movies
- Music
- TV

Could someone tell me how I get the backslash on zgemma h2h remote control in order to set up share

Mount Using: FSTAB
Active: enable
Local name: Movies - (This can be anything)
Mount Type: CIFS share
Server IP address: 192.168.1.6
Server share: /Movies - (Movies is the share name of my folder that is in the root)
Use as replacement HDD: no
Mount option: rw
Username: server
Password: password

I also have two other mounts which are identical except for below:
Local name: TV
Server share: /TV

Local name: Music
Server share: /Music

My PC hard drive set up

/
- Movies
- Music
- TV

Hope this helps

Could someone tell me how to get a backslash on zgemma h2h remote control. I need this to setup my shares.
Hi mate if I remember rightly if you press the text button it gives you a on screen keyboard. .from there you can choose your letters/ numbers / symbols

Hey guys, Just followed this tut and for some strange reason my box now fails to boot up...it stalls at -38-...Any idea how i can get past it? Do i have to re-flash my image to my box??

Scrap that, it eventually came back on after a minute or so...

Only issue i have is this:

Ive got the green tick on the NFS drive on the mounts page.
I go to filesystem and nothing is there
I go to root/media/net via dreamexplorer and nothing is there

My folder on my PC i want to share is inside my the standard 'Videos directory' which i share with everything on my homegroup.

When typing in the folder location on my H2H box do i have to write the full folder address in such as
Home-PC/User/Videos/(name of video folder)??

Also my PC doesnt have a log in password but does have a network share password which i have put in but still nothing

Last edited:
I have done everything in the guide, my mount has the green tick and all is connected fine, but when i go into the net folder on the zgemma none of my video files are showing. Is it due to them being .mp4 extensions or should this not matter?

Any ideas? thanks

I have an old sound bar connected to my zgemma, it has a thumping great sound and wanted to play music through it, I know I can go to a music channel but want to be able to choose the music we want, it's my sons 18th on friday and wanted to play music through the zgemma, is there any way I can do this, I tried to set up so I could go into file list and play music via pc but failed miserably, any help really appreciated, I have no other way that I can get use out of the sound bar, I only have zgemma and a firestick, zgemma is connect up with three plugs - red white and yellow (left right and video) to the sound bar any help really would be appreciated
Thanks

I copy music/vids to memory stick and insert in box, then go to media, press yellow button and your memory stick will appear in the list with your chosen music.

I copy music/vids to memory stick and insert in box, then go to media, press yellow button and your memory stick will appear in the list with your chosen music.
Hi mate thank you for your reply, is there any particular directory on the memory stick the music has to go in please?

If you are asking how to make a playlist someone else might be able to help. I just load them in and choose what l want as and when

All done! Thank you!
Created a music folder on the USB/HDD and loaded albums onto that, can play music through the sound bar now!
Ideal and thanks for your help
Rgds

Back