tutorial video help please

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
I want to make a tutorial video for the wii section, can anyone give me an idea as to how to go about it, what i will need, what size files should i use, any good programs for adding subtitles, Techkings logo etc, any help appreciated. also what format i should use..DVD, Jpeg, etc.
thanks

thanks axxxo, i hoped he would stumble across this thread, then it becomes in itself an informative thread. I dont think that i would be anywhere near his standard, and i just dont know where to start.

wheelo, i am using sony vegas pro 8, but i have used others in the past, i usually start by scavanging the net for good video footage or clips. as for logos, i just spell out the site, but i am sure HiTeck could get you a nice logo, or refer you to a great program that makes one, i made a couple for this site with HT, but i cant remember what the name of the program was we were using. as for format, you want to refer to youtubes guide lines for the best upload format, just pick which one is best for you (youtube makes it easy to understand) then when you are ready to produce the program will ask you what format you want to produce in, and you just select the one you want based on the quality and youtubes guidelines. subtitles are easy to do, you should be able to make that within the program itself. If you want some help with it i would be more than happy to give you a hand, but you would have ot get the files uploaded to me. you could film the videos and just send them to me (or video if you do it straight through). I will keep an eye on this post, as i have subscribed to it.

homie, thanks a million i hope between us all we can make a reasonable tutorial.

Gman, a legend, as ever, thanks a bunch

okay, so i have videoed the footage, then recorded it off the camcorder using my DVD recorder. so how do i get sony pro to recognise the DVD that is in the laptop?

okay, so i have videoed the footage, then recorded it off the camcorder using my DVD recorder. so how do i get sony pro to recognise the DVD that is in the laptop?

Why don't you transfer it directly from your Camcorder to the PC?

I've never used Sony Pro but I'm sure it has that function.

I have a TUT on Windows Movie Maker that explains how to do it so I'm sure it would be similar??

The post is HERE: under "Capturing Video From Your Camcorder"

-

Last edited:
thanks Gman, will give that tut a read and see where i go from there(y)

okay, the problem i have here is that i am using a laptop that has USB connections and a circular tv in socket, nothing that i can match up to my camcorder. any further help appreciated

Back