TV above woodburner

basejumper

TK Veteran
Hearth is 40mm Black sparkle granite. Woodburner is an elliptical Panoramic FX1 rear vented. Soundbar is a Samsung HW-N650 Panoramic. TV is a 75" Samsung QLED. D.I.Y fitted on a building notice. Because the fire is elliptical the TV stays cool. There is a glass shelf beneath the soundbar to deflect heat. Quite easy to install in a new build house. Supper on the top is home made cornbeef pie.:love:

https://youtu.be/6vg5zvdTnbQ

Hearth is 40mm Black sparkle granite. Woodburner is an elliptical Panoramic FX1. Soundbar is a Samsung HW-N650 Panoramic. TV is a 75" Samsung QLED. D.I.Y fitted on a building notice. Because the fire is elliptical the TV stays cool. There is a glass shelf beneath the soundbar to deflect heat. Quite easy to install in a new build house. Supper on the top is home made cornbeef pie.:love:

https://youtu.be/6vg5zvdTnbQ

Is that yours?

I find watching flames flicker pretty mesmerising, I'd end up watching the fire more than the telly :laughing:

Is that yours?
I find watching flames flicker pretty mesmerising, I'd end up watching the fire more than the telly :laughing:

Yes. I saw the woodburner at the ideal home exhibition. It is very low and very wide and I realised a TV could be mounted very low above it. I installed it 7 years ago now but recently updated the TV and soundbar.

I would be worried in the long run as those log burner and the heat they produce what temp difference is there between fire off and on at the bottom of tv.

This was the first promo video I made of it which shows the woodburner better. When I shot this video a neighbour knocked on the door because she thought the house was on fire. :LOL:

I would be worried in the long run as those log burner and the heat they produce what temp difference is there between fire off and on at the bottom of tv.
There are two vents at the back of the TV to supply cold air. The TV never gets above 30 degC. It has had flat screen TVs above it for 7 years.

This was the first promo video I made of it which shows the woodburner better. When I shot this video a neighbour knocked on the door because she thought the house was on fire. :LOL:

Looks good, soundtrack had me singing along too :blush:

Looks good, soundtrack had me singing along too :blush:
At Christmas time I build a special fire with stumps killed with copper sulphate, Irish peat, Oak and mahogany. It's like a firework show. I think it's great - Wife thinks I'm SAD. I think she is probably right.

At Christmas time I build a special fire with stumps killed with copper sulphate, Irish peat, Oak and mahogany. It's like a firework show. I think it's great - Wife thinks I'm SAD. I think she is probably right.

Sounds it! (Great, not sad i mean)

This is my burner, been in for ten years and I might get around to moving the red bucket eventually but it's for ashes and I couldn't GAF
That's my fido in front of it warming her arse after a December walk in the frost, she sits atop a 5.99 duvet from the Aldi collection because dog beds are shit and twenty quid as well.
Her name is Oxblood Makenzie...not really, that's the name of my goldfish
20191203_021641.jpg

Flat panel TVs are used in countries where sun heat alone can make a room over 40 DegC. Even if I burn softwood the temperature never gets above 30 DegC at the bottom of the TV. Because the wood burner is not a box shape the heat does not travel in straight lines apart from upwards straight past the TV.

Very nice @basejumper
I’d love one of those wood burns
Easy enough to install yourself. I'll post pics of the flue design if you want to build one. As far as I know this is the only one anywhere in the world but quite legal as the dimensions of heat source to combustible materials has been followed to the letter and cleared by building control.

Very nice mate.

Woodburners seem expensive but long term worth it.

I'm not a DIY person lol.

My neighbour had woodburner fittted few years ago and said warms.the.whole.room in no time.

Seen his shed completely full of wood lol.

The green bit is a fire board. It's green because the chimney breast is green.
Slow cooked meat in gravy then put pans of veg on to simmer, I can stir them while watching telly

Back