TV earphone socket bust no earphones

celticfc

TK Veteran
hi guys, i have a JVC smart TV ( no bluetooth ) my problem is that i recently yanged the earphone lead from earphone socket on the TV and it now doesnt work just muffled sound from earphones , i tried different earphones and usual fault traces but cant find a solution to get my earphones or a TV aux. that would let me use earphones with tv, i used to also use a bbluetooth sender/reciever but with earphone socket broke it dont work either
anyone any ideas or solutions
I saw this but it gets a bad review
DAC Converter, Techole Aluminum 192KHz Digital: Amazon.co.uk: Hi-Fi & Speakers
any help appreciated
Its so i can hear tv in bed @: night without bothering niegbour
cheers
PS
can
YPbPr leads be used ? ie YPbPr leads from TV Audio out to Earphones wit aux. fitting
hope iv not confused anybody

YPbPr - Wikipedia

I did exactly the same with a new panny. l got a new socket from ebay thinking it would be a simple job to replace but............ panny is now a 43 inch CCTV Monitor and in its place is a 49 inch Toshiba with Blue Tooth. All good for now.(y)

hi guys, i have a JVC smart TV ( no bluetooth ) my problem is that i recently yanged the earphone lead from earphone socket on the TV and it now doesnt work just muffled sound from earphones , i tried different earphones and usual fault traces but cant find a solution to get my earphones or a TV aux. that would let me use earphones with tv, i used to also use a bbluetooth sender/reciever but with earphone socket broke it dont work either
anyone any ideas or solutions
I saw this but it gets a bad review
DAC Converter, Techole Aluminum 192KHz Digital: Amazon.co.uk: Hi-Fi & Speakers
if you have optical out that will work
its a generic thing, I have one, I think I paid about 6 quid
works fine for the money tbh
may not be real high quality, but I'd say good enough for purpose

I did exactly the same with a new panny. l got a new socket from ebay thinking it would be a simple job to replace but............ panny is now a 43 inch CCTV Monitor and in its place is a 49 inch Toshiba with Blue Tooth. All good for now.(y)

do u mean u got a new tv ? thought about a new socket but my hands are to shaky now to solder inside tv

works fine for the money tbh
may not be real high quality, but I'd say good enough for purpose

i have a digital audio out ( spdif lead ) i run from Tiviat alpha box to TV spdif socket

is it same lead spdif

do u mean u got a new tv ? thought about a new socket but my hands are to shaky now to solder inside tv
Yes because the panny was lying on my bed face down with the back off and l panicked as l wanted to watch something that night as it was a saturday and didnt want to be TV less all weekend. Argos delivered within a few hrs.

Bluetooth adaptor will work if you have usb or phono type sockets other than headphone jack
i have a bluetooth sender but i dont know what is audio out on my Tiviar box or my TV also bluetooth sender has a 3.5mm jjack plug not usb

Yes because the panny was lying on my bed face down with the back off and l panicked as l wanted to watch something that night as it was a saturday and didnt want to be TV less all weekend. Argos delivered within a few hrs.
didnt want to buy new tv for just a socket seems expensive

i have a bluetooth sender but i dont know what is audio out on my Tiviar box or my TV also bluetooth sender has a 3.5mm jjack plug not usb
Not sure of the sender, the adaptor works both ways, I use one from Hifi to TV , it connects to Hifi via phono plugs or jack and TV finds it and pairs. So if you connect the adaptor to TV via the jack or L and R plugs in TV or TV box Bluetooth headphones would pair.
Mine was about a £10 Ugreen on Amazon.
If you have Amazon account if it doesn't work you can send it back

i have a digital audio out ( spdif lead ) i run from Tiviat alpha box to TV spdif socket

is it same lead spdif
yep,
spdif
I got mine for a cheapo surround sound on my old tv that only have spdif out

Back