TV Licence

Right this thread was about tv lic. You made your comment and I get it. I made mine. Lets not turn this thread into a child abuse thread.....seriously.

I have an opinion .I will never back down..The BBC . Is corrupt..and capita who collect on behalf of BBC need locking up . They prey on the vulnerable.

my dad doesnt pay for one as he doesnt watch a terrestrial tv at all, just series watches off his usb drive, so he told tv licencing and the come round inspected his house for a ariel which it doest have or a sky dish, and said yes thats fine and he doesnt pay for one. they have too come and inspect once a year aswell

Just commenting mate. You wanna watch dave etc progs x years after oringinally aired fine. It was only of my statements. Seems debating on here gets a bit tetchy lol

Right this thread was about tv lic. You made your comment and I get it. I made mine. Lets not turn this thread into a child abuse thread.....seriously its not appropriate.

Regards
T1

I think you may be mistaking me with someone else, I never mentioned anything about that.
Debating is what we are doing, so please don't go crying if things don't go exactly to plan - this isn't Man Utd V Chelsea
You said that BBC gave us all these original shows that they couldn't give us without the licence fee and i pointed out that this is garbage, for example - they spend 5 million of public money (licence fee) making 'Life on earth' and then sell that same show worldwide and constantly show it on all their Discovery channels and reap the millions in advert fees every time it's shown.
Yet when they make 'Life in the Compost Heap' or whatever, they spend another 5 million of the licence fee.
Where does the money made by
Yesterday
Gold
Dave
Watch
W
Alibi
Drama
Eden
Really
Good Food and all the +1 channels affiliated with these channels go to? - why isn't it going towards making the next episode of 'Life in a skip'
The whole thing is a sea of corruption and backhanders and brown paper bags stuffed with cash under the table - the politicians who decide that it keeps the licence fee get massive payouts behind closed doors, not to mention masses of free 'good publicity', which makes them into leaders and prime ministers etc.
But they're seen as 'free and impartial' at all times, oh yes, heaven forfend. - The only reason the BBC doesn't go fully 'commercial' - even though it already is, is that they would lose the stranglehold they have on the politics of the UK and beyond.
If you are happy to pay a company, and that's all they are - no different to Asda or Volvo - have a say in how you live your life, then that is your choice, I prefer not to. If Asda or Volvo took out a full page advert and told people to vote for Boris Johnson, no one would listen, if the BBC do it on TV, everyone listens, that is the difference and they would lose that power if they became another ITV

@Tilerone Detector vans do exist, you couldn't make it up lmao
If they did exist, why knock at your door and ask you to confirm (1) You have a tv, which is not illegal, (2) Confirm your watching live broadcast.
Warrants have only ever been issued, when the no suspecting tenant/owner opens their mouth and tells the tvl scum everything and not pay there fine.
The police are there to prevent breach of the peace, nothing more and have no powers of entry whatsoever.
The warrants are not from police or government, they have no legal attachments to them, nor enforceable.
Your door can not be forced, tvl are a private company.
If anyone ever was silly enough to spill beans instead of saying nothing on a visit from tvl scum, simply don't open door, they will walk away.
Don't pay, any letters in your name will legally have to be changed to "The Occupier" within 6 months, FACT.
They can't take a legal occupier to court, think about it, thus they turn up requesting all the information from YOU.
Millions of people have 6 month tenancies for example and can simply move on, its impossible to track each individual residing at a said address, thus again, why they want you to talk.
Say nothing, Record and shut door, Job done, no £20 commission for them.

Surely since GDPR, retailers can't hand over your details when you buy a TV?
It will be much harder for them, but give false details anyhow.
I've always refused details in stores etc as i like my privacy, scfrewfix will try it on "Have you shopped here before" "Would you like a card" "whats your postcode.
All denied.
Just like with tvl, all info denied.

It will be much harder for them, but give false details anyhow.
I've always refused details in stores etc as i like my privacy, scfrewfix will try it on "Have you shopped here before" "Would you like a card" "whats your postcode.
All denied.
Just like with tvl, all info denied.

since when do screwfix sell TVs, they got any decent deals on any?

since when do screwfix sell TVs, they got any decent deals on any?

I think he means personal details in Screwfix, they always ask for your full address, e-mail address etc, it's so they can send you mailings and promotions etc. Anyone asking for your personal details should be given nothing, unless you really have to. The latest one is shops asking for an e-mail to send a receipt to, I always refuse that one.

Wow what a thread this has become.

I got to post #16 and read half of it and found my blood pressure starting to rise so stopped reading and decided to post. Sorry to skip the rest but my heart wouldn't take it.

I pay the £12 a month direct debit or whatever it is, as like struss, it keeps life simple. I am always up for an argument with door knockers, IPSs etc but for £12 it is less aggro for my family who live here too.

Post #16 goes on about how the BBC did this originally and did that and yes they did - back in the bloody war. How much profit do you think they have made since then? Top gear presenter £8m a year!!! Hello, WTF! ( and I love The Grand Tour and what was top gear) The BBC need to take a leaf out of everyone else's book and run adverts. The programmes they produce can be good, but 6 episodes very 18month, what is that about? USA producers make 24 episodes a season and bacg out the next season in 6-9 months.

Post #16
You say you don’t watch the BBC ....rubbish, you’d be supprised at how many tv shows, movies, drama, documentaries, news programs GLOBALLY are made by or with the BBC, even if broadcast on another channel.... yep even sly or many more US channels.
Do you think the BBC gave them the programmes for free? No they bloody didn't. They charged the TV license payer first and then the other broadcasters second so making money twice - good business, but blows your argument out of the water.

For an easy life pay the £12 a month, but if you don't mind being bothered then don't pay. The BBC are nothing more than a company who want paying for something and will chase the payment. The best thing ever done was the change in law by not being able to imprison you for not paying. This would be like Sky sending your to prison for not paying them - who in their right might ever agreed in the first place to not having a TV license being a criminal offence?!

And as for giving your details when you buy a TV or something like that,
Donald Mouse
The Avenue
Newcastle
NE1 1AA

Where are my chill pills, I need a lie down!

If a shop asks for your email just make an email that doesnt contain your name if you want to receive receipts etc

This is what I love about this site, you post a simple question to get some general opinions and it turns into WW3 going off on a major tangent. Thanks for all the responses, they have given me some food for thought, but I think it's time to let this lie now.

Let's just get back to something less controversial and easier to deal with now such as why are my channels not working....ha ha.

**The above comments are sarcasm, just in case anyone thinks I am having a dig at their comments**, I don't need mutliple replies starting arguments saying I don't agree with people.

I don't need mutliple replies starting arguments saying I don't agree with people.
Does this mean you want multiple replies as you used a double negative?

A guy I work with used a triple negative the other day and we managed to even get a quad out of it, but I must admit it was hard going.

Does this mean you want multiple replies as you used a double negative?

A guy I work with used a triple negative the other day and we managed to even get a quad out of it, but I must admit it was hard going.

My brain hurts now.

Back