TV Reccomendations

Hi looking to purchase a new tv ideally 50-55 inch. Budget upto around £500. Any good deals around and what brands would you recommend?

Not too fussed with 4k but most are nowadays anyway. Want a tv with decent picture quality obviously and something’s that’s decent at upscaling. I run a formuler z8 pro so want to test the box out with a decent telly.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Ok so search has so far been narrowed down between LG and Samsung.
Any specific ones for LG That anyone would recommend?

I bought this TV in December from John Lewis:

Samsung UE50TU7100 (2020) HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, Additional services 5 year guarantee included

Previously I had LG TV but this Samsung is much better quality. I paid £369 for it which I thought was a very good price.

LGs are great and considered the best because of the OLED panels but big problem with them is the burn in you get which will destroy the screen.

Samsung QLED panels nearly as good and best TVs to go for.

LGs are great and considered the best because of the OLED panels but big problem with them is the burn in you get which will destroy the screen.

Samsung QLED panels nearly as good and best TVs to go for.
Yep, I got the burn on my LG - I gave it to a local repair man for spares.

Some options here. eBay has a 15% off code making some deals tastier!

TV Deals ⇒ Cheap Price, Best Sales in UK - hotukdeals

e.g 55" TCL Smart UHD TV for just under £340!

TCL 55" 55P715 Smart Ultra High Definition Television £339.15 delivered with code @ peter_tyson ebay - hotukdeals

OR

Samsung 55" 2020 Crystal UHD - £599

https://shop.bt.com/products/samsun...-uhd-4k-hdr-smart-tv-ue55tu8500uxxu-FW8J.html

OR LG 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD LED - 10% off using code 10OFFVISION

LG 55NANO816NA 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Google Assistant & Amazon Alexa

whatever you decide - always cross reference with John Lewis to see if they can offer price match as they offer a 5 year warranty on TV's.

So guys richersounds is the one i see from everyone’s responses. Does the 6 year warranty include only parts or labour too?

So guys richersounds is the one i see from everyone’s responses. Does the 6 year warranty include only parts or labour too?
Lol sorry my bad just readup its labour and parts

Its between these 2 for me.
LG 55UN73006LA
Samsung UE55TU7020

Any other final recommendations?
And any way to get any sort of discount, or would that be cheeky of me to ask lol.

Back