Two different lines at address

Paul_C

After a bit of advice

Currently have one provider which expires/renews at the end of October. Was looking to add a second line for upstairs with a different provider. Is this advisable? It is better to get a second connection with current provider or go with a different second line? Any issues with quality/service/buffering with two different lines?

Thanks

After a bit of advice

Currently have one provider which expires/renews at the end of October. Was looking to add a second line for upstairs with a different provider. Is this advisable? It is better to get a second connection with current provider or go with a different second line? Any issues with quality/service/buffering with two different lines?

Thanks
If you're happy with your provider get a second line of him if you got another line of another provider you would have a backup in case one went down that's the only difference

After a bit of advice

Thanks
It will be cheaper to have a multiroom line with one provider rather than two single lines with different providers.
As for buffering etc, providing your connection is fast enough it shouldn't make any difference if you connect to one server twice or two different servers

It's fine to do that. Makes more sense to have two providers than multiroom imo because then when one service has downtime the other one can be used. Also gives you chance to try out other providers - your "upstairs" iptv might turn out to be the better of the two and become your main service.

Shouldn't be any issues with quality/buffering etc as long as your internet speeds are sufficient to stream two services at the same time.

When it comes to eurolines ive 3 from different suppliers. And 6 off a dubious site to fill in the gaps ecm wise. Why ? All eurolines are not equal and dont always carry all the providers that are out there and some are probably only carrying providers their connected to and dont actually have any local cards so hop 2 at best longer ecm's and glitching. My 3 main lines have actual local cards so at that point hop1 to me and very short ecm times and less if any glitching.

I also like the idea of using different suppliers if one down you still have something.

To answer the OP's questions you can have as many lines from as many suppliers as you like as the lines wont include a reshare so they wont know about each other and it would not matter i they did.

When it comes to eurolines ive 3 from different suppliers. And 6 off a dubious site to fill in the gaps ecm wise. Why ? All eurolines are not equal and dont always carry all the providers that are out there and some are probably only carrying providers their connected to and dont actually have any local cards so hop 2 at best longer ecm's and glitching. My 3 main lines have actual local cards so at that point hop1 to me and very short ecm times and less if any glitching.

I also like the idea of using different suppliers if one down you still have something.

To answer the OP's questions you can have as many lines from as many suppliers as you like as the lines wont include a reshare so they wont know about each other and it would not matter i they did.
Hope you got a big memory bank with all those lines and readers on there.

Back