Two Killed In Oregon Shopping Centre Shooting

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
At least two people have been killed by a gunman wearing body armour at a shopping centre in Oregon.

Police have confirmed the gunman has been found dead.

At least one other person is believed to have been shot in Clackamas, south of Portland, according to The Oregonian newspaper.

evs-xtaccess-2012-12-12-cam-c-00h36m25s01-1-522x293.jpg

evs-xtaccess-2012-12-12-cam-c-00h37m27s21-1-522x293.jpg
Emergency services at the scene of the shooting

According to reports a man was seen brandishing a semi-automatic rifle near a branch of Macy's department store.

"Shooting at Clackamas Town Center. Multiple police at the scene. If you do not need to be at the mall, please stay away," the Portland Police Department said on its Twitter feed.

*** UPDATE ***

Two people have been killed by a gunman wearing body armour at a shopping centre in Oregon.

Clackamas County Sheriff's spokesman James Rhodes, said: "I can confirm that we believe at this point that there was one and only one shooter involved and that shooter is deceased.

"In addition to that we have at least one patient who was taken from the mall with a traumatic injury and at least two that were deceased in addition to the shooter."

8846360-1-1-522x293.jpg
The gunman is believed to have killed himself

Police say the gunman apparently killed himself.

Witnesses described a scene of chaos and disbelief as the gunman, wearing some sort of camouflage outfit and a white mask, shot an initial burst of fire and then more rounds near the centre's food court.

"A bunch of people were screaming and running by and kind of in a panic and they were yelling that there was a shooting," a man who gave his first name as Sam told KGW.

A correspondent for the TV station cited another witness as saying the gunman was wearing body armour and was carrying an assault rifle.

158233743-1-522x293.jpg

158233726-1-522x293.jpg
Emergency services at the scene of the shooting

"It was shot after shot after shot after shot, like a massacre. It was the scariest thing I've ever seen," witness Kira Rowland said.

"I'm really freaking out right now," she added. "We just ran like hell. Everybody was just screaming."

Back