Two new cars on the drive but nothing in the fridge..

basejumper

TK Veteran
That's a term we use to describe people who are all show to the outside world. Mortgaged or rented house and cars, exotic holidays booked etc with no money left at the end of each month. Some can earn thousands of pounds a week or more but are always skint because all of their money is tied up.

I wonder how some will cope when they only get 80% of their salary when they can't afford to live on 100% of it now. :sick:

There's going to be hundreds of thousands of cars for sale in the coming weeks/months.
Two car families will manage with one
Prices will tumble as a result, house prices will follow suit soon after

Yeah so glad i got a rainy day fund but at the min our factory is flat out and no sign of closing just yet either until notified by big boris.

But yeah i can imagine theres tonnes of people living well above their means with luxuries etc and a sudden dip in income soons piles the pressure on to meet payments on things etc

Some people would rather starve than admit they can't afford what they have. A lot of cars are tied to long leases and can't be sent back without penalty.

credit cards are getting in on this - I had a new card 2 months ago, this week they wrote to me telling me my credit limit was going to double. OK its a small limit to start with but I've never had a credit card increase my limit within such a short time of getting the card, without me requesting it, and suspect they are trying to cash in on the situation although they will say 'we're trying to help our customers'.

Can also see a lot of crime taking place when people get desperate to provide basic food etc shoplifters will be having a field day if it gets much worse at current rate

all fur coat and no knickers is the term we use,
a few years back I used to do domestic work, the amount of houses with a fancy car, deep pile carpet in the living room and hallway/stairs, massive flat screen TV,
upstairs there would be mattresses on the bare floorboards,
the lengths some people would go to for appearances,
living a champagne lifestyle on beer money.

all fur coat and no knickers is the term we use,
a few years back I used to do domestic work, the amount of houses with a fancy car, deep pile carpet in the living room and hallway/stairs, massive flat screen TV,
upstairs there would be mattresses on the bare floorboards,
the lengths some people would go to for appearances,
living a champagne lifestyle on beer money.

Champagne lifestyle lemonade pockets is another term.
It's pronounced Bouquet not Bucket. :love:

I know lots but there’s a guy in work with me he’s known for it, all because he’s trying to keep in with his high flying mates. The guy with me earns 70k a year and is constantly eating rations in order to pay for the lifestyle he wants.

You’d swear he was on minimum wage.

well,you can have two cars in the drive if one of them is a 1999 neon and the other one is a 03 pontiac grand prix.lol.dont laugh they run well and are paid for.cheers guys.

Nothing wrong with that mate, live to your means.

well,you can have two cars in the drive if one of them is a 1999 neon and the other one is a 03 pontiac grand prix.lol.dont laugh they run well and are paid for.cheers guys.
Did a fuel pump change on a 95 firebird many moons ago what a nightmare that was because unbeknowing to us the fuel pump is actually located inside in the tank so was rear exhaust and everything off just to get access to the damn thing lol but on a side note i heard its still on the road to this day :unsure:(y)

Fair enough if you have money but I never understood the need to show off I have this I have that. The so called "luxuries" some crave are not even important imo. They are trivial things in this world we live in. Much more important things than "luxury" items.

"friends" I know are like this and few relatives especially. They have the money and splash it on big houses, cars and other meaningless things then later on say "we are struggling for money". Then why burn it on things you dont really require in the first place? People like to show off and show they are living it large which is fine but if you can barely afford such lifestyle how long will you carry on until you fall flat on your face.

In my case money has been tight for many years but me and family get by as you have to. I havent needed anything of importance for many years apart from a car I used to have to travel to and back from college and uni. Unfortunately my class 98 Peugeot 306 died so made do and using dads car ever since. Even if I had money I wouldnt ever waste on things I didnt really need. With what you have you need to make most from it.

Back