TX X360USB PRO Thoughts??

jigger121

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Seen this looks like to be a much simplier way to flash your drive and can even be done by connecting it to the laptop via usb.

Heres a link and the specs
Code:
http://www.ck3.co.uk/x360usb_pro.html

"The TX X360USB PRO is the world's first SATA to USB Mass-Storage controller that not only enables WINAPI over USB, but also PORTIO. This powerful all-in-one converter can be used with any software or hardware that uses these signals to work. Designed by TX in conjunction with the experts at Team Jungle, the X360USB PRO adapter is the most advanced WINAPI/PORTIO to USB adapter ever created. One stand out feature is that you are now able to connect all 360 DVD drives to any PC or Laptop for the first time simply by connecting to a USB port - no more SATA cards problems!

No more struggling with specific SATA chipsets or issues with awkward operating system setups!

Now tasks such as repairing your 360 DVD drives firmware or upgrading your broken DVD drive to a new one without the expensive fees charged by the manufacture just got easier than ever before. Whether you are a beginner or advanced user, this multi-use Mass-Storage controller is an essential addition to any toolkit.

The X360USB PRO includes the following features:

Connect any SATA device to any PC or laptop via USB
Compatible with 360 DVD Drives Hitachi, Samsung, Benq & Liteon (FAT)
Compatible with 360 DVD Drives Liteon & Hitachi (SLIM)
Compatible with 360 Hard Drives (Phat & Slim)
Repair your 360 DVD / HDD Drive within minutes - no more weeks of waiting!
No SATA Port Required
Fully compatible with tools like Jungle Flasher
No More Driver / OS / SATA / Compatibility Problems
Fully Upgradeable On-Board Firmware
Supports Mass Storage Mode As Default
Dual Mode PORTIO & WINAPI
Power, Status & Activity LED's
Team Xecuter's Superior Manufacturing Quality
Team Xecuter Backed Warranty
24/7 Support Forums - Over 280,000 Members !"

Great bit of kit. Saves you taking your pc to bits to use the chipset. Ive got the CK3i as well for powering the drive. Works well with JungleFlasher. Done loads of phat 360s with it. Need the probe 3 as well to do liteon phat drive repairs.

I have saw that the drive can still be powered by the xbox so i reckon that saves a bit of money too. Looks too good to be true so wanted opinions on it lol

With my setup i'd find difficult to power the drive using the 360.Its usually in pieces by that stage. If its phat liteon you need to oped the dvd drive itself to probe a solder point. Bet that would be a pain in the ass whilst connected to the console.If its a one off job its probably worth trying due to cost. If your thinking of repairing others, I'd get a different power source if I were you. I'm using the USBPRO V2,think it cost me about £50.Paid for itself quite quickly.Can use it for other jobs as well e.g ripping a backup copy of your owned retail disc.Very handy tool.

I have a benq drive which by doing my research looks the easiest to flash lol. Itll be a one of job... for now anyways. If i wanted to start doing it reguraly i would definitely take your advice and invest in a ck3.

Benq is easier,no need to open the dvd drive.Make sure your 360 is updated to the latest firmware before you flash the drive. Is it a replacement or are you "modding" your xbox.

"modding", might as well if it does get banned which i see is quite unlikely ill just buy the ps4 lol

Been looking at the PS4 myself.Graphics look fantastic. Just make sure you read your drive properly and save your dvd key. If you lose that your in bother. The motherboard won't recognize the drive if the keys dont match. Good luck with it anyway,took me a while to get my head round it all at first.

Yeah bit pricey but microsoft seem to just be looking more money not really interested in the gaming aspect, which is why we even buy them in the first place lol. Ive done alot of rrod fixings so getting to it is no problem getting to the drive so ive been just been watching tutorial after tutorial to be as best prepared as i can before the x360usb arrives.

One question i have is, im looking at the ck3 mini and wondering do i need to buy the probe 3 aswell or are they essentially the same thing?

Probe 3 is for use when flashing a liteon drive. Dont need to buy one if your just doing your Benq. For £10 its worth getting one just in case you repair any other phat 360s.Most of the ones i've done recently have been liteon. You'll need the ck3 to power the drive whilst its plugged into your laptop/pc.ck3i is a bit better as you can eject the dvd drive with it as well.

on one nand you have the original microsoft dash. on another nand you have free styke dash. plus my drive is flashed what this means the games i relly want to play online i use the original dash. now freestyle dash has many advantges you can just rip an original game to the hardrive if you dont want to play online. play original xboxone games. all games boot from hardrive no need to put a disc in. get free downloadable content the list goes on.

It means you can have custom and ofw working on the same console. Not cheap to get done.Requires some skilled soldering and a lot of knowledge. How much did you get the job done for mike123?

done it myself mate. i think people charge around 80.00 plus the cost of the chips. i do have a spare one aswell once you have one you woll never go back

Back