U-turn on mandatory Covid vaccinations for NHS and social care workers

I think people have been programmed to think it's ok to demand this type of thing from health care workers because of the last two years and the non stop divisions created by the media. There isn't a mandatory vaccine for health care workers in this Country aimed at protecting others. There never has been. It's advisable but not mandatory/law.
You can work in hospitals if you haven't had a flu shot or hep B vaccine.

It was to serve one purpose, to coerce more people to get vaccinated, and they did, tens of thousands of them, so mission accomplished.

What it also accomplished is 40,000 care workers lost their jobs in November and absolutely trashed and shat on their loyalty and love for the job. If I'd had been sacked or even threatened after working throughout the pandemic I'd be looking for another job regardless of mandates. I'm sure thousands feel the same.

They had a choice, either have the vaccine or find another job.
If they loved their job, they'd have got the vaccine, Ike billions of others have had it without a problem.
The NHS has a no redundancy policy so anyone not wanting it could be moved to another position.
Care workers have a high turnover of staff even before the pandemic so it's likely that 40,000 would have left in any eighteen months period.

If they loved their job, they'd have got the vaccine

I'm sure there's thousands who love their job and were willing to face the sack. It's not an either-or m8. That's what your side fails to see. Some would be willing to lose everything regardless of how much they loved their job. That's how much it means to THEM.

Losing 40k staff due to mandates and then doing a u turn was fecking ridiculous. I don't care how many they turn over in 18 month 🤷.

I don't have a side, I have an opinion.
My opinion is that there was a worldwide pandemic and that no one knew how many were going to die and every step needed to be taken to avoid unnecessary deaths.
It's fine to say with hindsight that the mandate shouldn't have been thought of.
If the death rate had been ten times higher and a few of your elderly relatives had died you'd be stood outside a hospital with a placard imploring NHS staff to get jabbed.

I meant the care workers are largely private sector and this sector has an exceptionally high turnover of staff in any year, it's highly likely that most of the 40,000 that left were fully vaccinated

I don't think many people would turn down a major surgery for example if the surgeon was unvaccinated.
Alsp you shouldn't have a choice who treats you, if they are qualified then they should treat you or you don't get treated
Imagine the uproar if someone said I don't want a doctor to treat me because of their ethnicity. I know people will say that it's not relevant because the jab is a choice but it's still discrimination.
Whether a doctor has the jab or not should remain confidential as it has no relevance on how they do their job

I don't think many people would turn down a major surgery for example if the surgeon was unvaccinated.
Alsp you shouldn't have a choice who treats you, if they are qualified then they should treat you or you don't get treated
Imagine the uproar if someone said I don't want a doctor to treat me because of their ethnicity. I know people will say that it's not relevant because the jab is a choice but it's still discrimination.
Whether a doctor has the jab or not should remain confidential as it has no relevance on how they do their job
It happens all the time, men phone theirs gp for a personal issue and may ask to be seen by male GP and women ask for a female GP, it's descrimination but happens and is accepted.

I'm not saying unvaccinated DR's aren't capable to do the job, and as said before I wouldn't personally make the request, but some will because they are scared that there is a higher risk of being treated by someone unvacinated. You say their vaccination status should remain confidential but it obviously isn't otherwise how would the care homes, or NHS if this recent u turn hadn't gone ahead, know who has to leave?

My vaccination status is not confidential if I want to travel, or until recently if I wanted to go clubbing, you have to show complete strangers your vaccination status. Most people don't give too hoots about who knows to be fair, those vaccinated happily let others know and the unvaccinated seem to do the same.

If the death rate had been ten times higher and a few of your elderly relatives had died you'd be stood outside a hospital with a placard imploring NHS staff to get jabbed.

I wouldn't and didn't because it was clear to see that it didn't stop transmission. I've always said this. My uncle died of "Covid". Well he actually died of kidney failure but it was marked as "with Covid" and added to the Covid stats. An old friend from way back died with "Covid" and was fully vaccinated. Again he had the vaccine, became ill shortly after and had a stroke. 48 years old!

it's highly likely that most of the 40,000 that left were fully

The 40 thousand were sacked overnight because they weren't vaccinated. That's a conservative figure, it's estimated up to 60 thousand. You're confusing staff turnover with vaccine mandates. And this happened for no reason and everyone calling for it should be ashamed imo. All for a vaccine that doesn't stop transmission. It made zero sense.

happens all the time, men phone theirs gp for a personal issue and may ask to be seen by male GP and women ask for a female GP, it's descrimination but happens and is accepted.
You cannot refuse medical treatment based on someone's medical history. Of course you can choose the sex of the GP sticking a finger up your arse or similar. Although @bazcfc1 would probably prefer it from a female 😉.
Two completely different scenarios.

but some will because they are scared that there is a higher risk of being treated by someone unvacinated.
I'd be scared if a surgeon was performing an operation on me and has HIV. That doesn't mean I get a right to check their medical history.

Yes we have to declare vaccine status going abroad. It's always been the case because of regulations in that specific country and here with the possibility of bringing something back. That has never been the case going into hospital for treatment and never should be.

I'm just waiting on the first case of someone being sued for giving cpr and saving someone's life but they weren't vaccinated. Trust me it's coming mericaaaa 🤣

Imagine it.

Caller: Hi my husband is having a heart attack. Can I request a vaccinated ambulance only please.
Operator: Yes it will arrive within the next 8 hours or so. We only have unvaccinated paramedics available ATM.
Caller: okay well as long as we don't catch Covid that's fine... 🤦.

my heart goes out for those staff nhs/ carehome that did not want the vaccine but had it under the treat of loss of job( i am sure not a situation they would have wanted at christmas and beyond) how must they be feeling now , angry, betrayed?

Back