UK Full National Lockdown Imminent?

Clearly the tier restrictions are not working and another national lockdown was coming despite what was said by the powers that be.

England was going to follow Wales inevitably.

Surprised schools, unis will still be open.

May call it a national lockdown but measures don't seem as strict as the first one.

Unis won't close. Those on campus likely will be learning online in their rooms.

Schools on other hand could close at rhe risk of kids coming home and potentially bringing new infections.

I think one thing the government will avoid is closing schools, colleges and universities for those in important years - to avoid the problems they had when it came to exam time earlier this year.

If they close schools they'll also have to pay all the parents to stay at home minding kids, ergo they won't be closing schools.
Pubs and non essential shops will go

Won't make one iota of difference to me, my pub's been closed 3 weeks already

But if we still see increase of inspections even with this "lockdown" I be surprised if they keep such things open.

With his new conference today only means when the lockdown will come into affect.

Thousands of them have sprung up all over the place.
A lot of them are just money laundering outfits like tanning shops are

Funny thing is their dead. When driving around my area not one of them is busy. At most they will have one person in there.

Big risk opening such shops.

But agree mate alot are used for money laundering activities.

Schools are staying open.
Most council are organising online portals for home tutoring, this will happen ONLY if a pupil has a temp or been near someone who is showing symptems
home calls are being made in the next 48 hours to see which home requires a tablet or notepad. Donated via the education system, if the home owner has already a PC they are given the portal details. if not a donated tablet or notepad will be provided. for schooling whilst away from class.

I have noticed in the space of 6 months I have at least 10 new barber shop opened up within 5 minutes of me. No joke.

There's a new one open here that I've been to a few times - I drive past it often and there's no way it's making enough money to stand on it's own two feet. There are very rarely any customers in there through the week and just a steady trade at weekends. Well dodgy.

Back